Will my kitten be long or short hair?

kelseykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! First time poster here.

I'm getting a kitten in a few weeks and I'm curious what you guys think!

I only have this one photo of her but from what I see she looks like she might be maybe a medium hair?

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really, really hard to tell hair length at this age because most kittens have an extra layer of "fuzz". If I had to make an educated guess I would say she will be medium haired, but then again as she grows it could go either way.
I don't know if it will be present in a baby kitty but I know my rule for determining hair length is if the cat has hair poking through the bottom of their toes then it will be either medium or long haired in adulthood.
Keep us updated! She's a beauty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kelseykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like I'll just have to be patient and wait and see. I'm just so excited!! Haha, I'll keep everyone updated!

yobroski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell. Agreeing with haleyds, she looks like she'll end up being medium-hair, I don't think she'll be short-hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kelseykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just thought I'd update everyone!

Daisy has been brought to her new home and she is SO friendly!! I was expecting her to spend most of the first few days hiding away and getting to know the place but the second she left her carrier she was instantly ready to play! She slept right up by our heads all night :)

Also, she is more than likely going to be long haired. She has tons of fur and lots of tufts between the pads on her paws!

I'm in love

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd update everyone!
Daisy has been brought to her new home and she is SO friendly!! I was expecting her to spend most of the first few days hiding away and getting to know the place but the second she left her carrier she was instantly ready to play! She slept right up by our heads all night :)

Also, she is more than likely going to be long haired. She has tons of fur and lots of tufts between the pads on her paws!
I'm in love :love:  
She definitely looks happy to be in her new home :)