Will my cat forget about me in 6 months???

chewchew's mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys!!
It’s been a long time since I came on this site. For those of you who saw my previous thread, my cat is 1 and 2 months old and has been doing a lot better and her poop issues are gone!!!!! It turns out she has some preborn butt issues but she’s doing just fine! No leaks and no diarrhea!!
The question I’m asking today is: Will she forget about me after I leave for college?? So the thing is I am an international student from China, and I got my cat during the pandemic when I was still in the States. The beginning of this year I took her back home with me because I can’t stand leaving her alone when she’s still a kitten. Now she’s living with me and my parents in China and my mom adores her and feeds her steamed chicken breasts every day. Now I have to return back to the States for my final school year and I may be graduating in March and coming back to China. So I won’t see her for 6 months. I am wondering if my cat will forget about me :((( which will just break my heart.
PS: I got her in June 2020, Came back to China in Jan 2021. After I came back my mom has been the one feeding her and I feel like she kinda likes my mom more now.
BB7DC3D1-D3B6-4C1E-BE7F-9ADBCFDD328C.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chewchew's mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The steamed chicken is just a side meal btw!!! Since she has sensitive stomach my mom is really into taking good care of her and chicken breast is supposed to be really gentle on the stomach with high protein.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. She is very pretty! There are some things you could try to keep the 'memory alive'. For one, you could take items of yours that have your scent on them and make sure she spends times with those items. For now, that could mean items you left behind (your mom can tell if she can even slightly smell your scent from them - even if ever so slight, your cat will smell them more readily). If possible you could mail a few worn, unwashed items back to your mom to give to your cat too! If you left behind perfume/lotion that you normally used around your cat, that is another option for those to be sprayed/rubbed into items of yours or even some small towels. You might also consider Skype, Zoom, or other online forms of communication where your cat can see and hear you. If that is not possible, you could email/ship videos of yourself to your mom for her to play in your cat's presence.