Will my cat be long haired?

Nairobi_gingercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby is almost 11 weeks old and I am wondering if he will be long haired or is this just kitten fluff? Also the place we rescued him from said he is a turkish angora kitten, is this true?

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, he's long-hair, going by the tail and ear furnishings. I don't see any features that look like Turkish Angora. TAs are really rare compared the the general cat population. It's unlikely your kitty would have much in common with them unless you live in the part of Turkey where they developed, or live close to a breeder whose cat accidentally got out and impregnated a random cat.

Mmabryxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone tell me if my kitten will be long-haired? She was born on September 8th. Her name is Lexi. Alexis when she turns into gremlin mode.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby is almost 11 weeks old and I am wondering if he will be long haired or is this just kitten fluff? Also the place we rescued him from said he is a turkish angora kitten, is this true?
Yes he is def a longhair cute little floof ball 😻 And to me he looks like a dsh red mackerel tabby tuxedo. For look alike he looks like he will look more like a forest cat type.