Will Mama And Her Baby Always Remain Together?

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding mama and her baby since the beginning of summer. It is now mid-November. She had two babies, initially, but one of them disappeared, I assume a hawk got it because I saw a hawk flying low to the ground one night. So now it is just mama and her little boy. I got mama spayed, and the boy is scheduled to be fixed next week. I am wondering if there is a natural tendency for the mama (in the wild)to leave her off spring, or visa versa. I'm assuming there is. However, with both of them fixed maybe they will stay together? Does anyone have any long-term experience with this situation? The baby is getting close to 5 or 6 months old, and they are still inseparable. They sleep together in the shelter I made for them outside. I am kind of happy they have each other, and hope they will continue to stay together.

Attachments

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the boy neutered, he’ll be happy to hang out where there’s food and shelter. So will she. If he wasn’t fixed he would probably be out looking for girls.

I have a mama and son here. He’s about 2 now and fixed. She doesn’t give him any breaks. She has made friends with me he hasn’t. If she’s with me and any other cat comes around she’ll chase them off. That includes her boy.