Will It Really Change?

bananaphone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so I have a 4.5 year old male cat and a 2 year old male cat, my 4.5 is not neutered(2 year old is) and ever since a little over a year ago he started doing the whole humping/dominance thing while I was moving and had to stay with them in a hotel room for about a week while my new place was getting ready. Ever since then, every couple of months he gets super into humping and trying to dominate the younger cat(who is actually almost twice his size).

I was wondering if I go get him neutered, will it really stop him from doing that? I read quite a bit stating that he would still continue with those types of actions.

to be 100% honest, the only thing really stopping me from getting him neutered is being a guy myself, and i just cant bring it to me to go get his balls removed. however, if it would be extremely likely that it would curb that sort of behavior and is truly a big health benefit, then I will book an appointment today.

edit - this behavior only started happening when I went from living in a house by myself to sharing a house with other people and them spending a huge majority of the time with me in my room(especially all night) as opposed to having free roam of a house

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is going to help but no guarantee it will stop the behavior. He most certainly will be a calmer and less frustrated cat and also less likely to not spray. He also won't slip out and get a lady cat pregnant and add to cat overpopulation. Plenty enough reasons to get it done.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should help. Your cat has no attachment to his balls. The neuter will make life calmer for all of you.