Will I ever go to the bathroom by myself again?

j171978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me... I can't pee without a visitor one of the two always comes in a meow's at me and wants to be scratched while I am doing my 'business'. I guess it's my own fault because I never shut the bathroom door. They never follow my husband in there. I think they know that they will die from the stink if they do.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. So do any of you have to dance around after you get out of the shower to keep the little furballs from rubbing against your legs before you've dried off?
I have to dance till I flip my head over. Then they play with all the drips coming off my hair. They havn't quite figured out where thoes come from.

luvmykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think this is the cutest and funniest thread I've ever read on this site!! As for me, my kitty used to follow me around to the bathroom. But now that she's older it must not be as fun for her anymore.

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats usually follow us to the bathroom too, whatever the reason we're headed there. Sheeba will jump up on my lap if I'm sitting on the throne and settle down like she thinks I'll be there long enough for her to nap. Piku on the other hand usually just rubs around our legs or jumps up on the sink looking for a drink. He did curl up inside my sweatpants that were down around my ankles one day though, and the look he gave me when I tried to get up!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL IM soooo glad other kitties do this too! since i started my new job last monday i have to get up at 615 to get ready well finnegan has started opening the bathroom door himself and jumping up on my lap to sit! My mom thinks its hilarious since he's never done this to her or dad.. i told them just wait until I'm not home sometime and he decides he wants to give THEM some company! haha

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, you'll never go to the bathroom alone again. Milo is the bathroom king. He watches me put on my makeup and brush my teeth. He's tried to sit on my lap way too many times. He investigates the tub for me after I'm done to make sure it actually got wet, lol. Pixie loves watching the toilet flush so much it's ridiculous. It's a good thing I live alone, bc I can't close the bathroom door with those 2 around. I actually have to remind myself to close the door when I'm at other people's houses, lol.

babybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about the same thing when I got Maya. If I closed the door she would meow like there was no tomorrow
So I let her in...I haven't been to the bathroom alone since we got her.
And when I have to go for a....hmmm...number 2, she sits in my lap and makes these weird growling noises hehe
She really knows how the whole thing goes as well, after the toilet she jumps up on the counter near the sink, she knows we have to wash our hands

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by milopixie

I actually have to remind myself to close the door when I'm at other people's houses, lol.
I glad I am not the only one who's worried about this!

After a few close calls I am absolutely paranoid about going to the toilet at friends houses!

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a squatter toilet and so if Ginger manages to get in before the door opens we end up with a wet nose sniffing our butts.

When we stand up to flush she has a good sniff over the contents and then watches with facsination as it gets washed away. After the water stops she stretches her neck in to try and see where its gone.
When I'm flushing her poopy she also has to run in to observe the whole proceedure.
She's only 2 months old and is getting pretty fast at getting in before the door closes.

random

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both my cats do this. I don't know why cats are fascinated with people going to the bathroom. After all, they HATE it if I hang about while they do their business.

Ginger's mum: My younger cat likes to watch me scoop out his litter too into the toilet. He has to oversee the entire process. The other one couldn't care less about that part, but will come running when I set the newly cleaned box down so he can dirty it again.