Will Her Stripes Fade?

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this, so I apologize if not. But I recently adopted this pretty cream tabby, and I wonder will she keep the stripes or will they fade? I've read a lot about ghost markings that fade as a kitten ages. She is about 3 months old? If they were ghost marks would they have already faded? I'm hoping she keeps them.

This was Penny 6 weeks ago.....
IMG_6675.jpg

And these are all her now...
IMG_6674.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg
IMG_6664.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have any other baby Penny photos? In that picture, I can hardly see her pattern because she's buried under a pile of kitties! Three months isn't too late for ghost markings to fade; I adopted Charlie at six months and he had ghost broken mackeral tabby markings then, but as an adult he's solid colored.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have any other baby Penny photos? In that picture, I can hardly see her pattern because she's buried under a pile of kitties! Three months isn't too late for ghost markings to fade; I adopted Charlie at six months and he had ghost broken mackeral tabby markings then, but as an adult he's solid colored.

Unfortunately, no that's all the lady had whose farm they were born on. And I'm not even sure if that one is Penny or the other pale one. I am assuming based off that kitten being closer to Penny's face shape.