will he stop wanting to get out now ??

sarah - lou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone,i got jingles   neutered yesterday (everything went well) and he is a happy content cat again today.. befor i had him done he would howl to go out and run out the door if anyone opened it...

today he has been howling again and actually got out ( luckly i relised he was missing and went into the garden called him and he came purring to me (bless him)

well the question i want to ask is i want to keep him a indoor cat (there are too many things outside to hurt my little fellow)

so will he stop wanting to go out now ?? i know he's after the female cat next door ...she's been neutered but he still runs after her given half a chance..

there's a big un-neutered male around here and last time jingles got out this cat hurt him really bad .. digging his teeth into his back leg ..

luckily it is ok now ... (it really frustrates me that there are responsible cat owners out there)

i went to have a chat with his owner about neutering him and he just laughed saying thats what cats do grrrrr 

so any advice when and if he will stop wanting to go out  ??

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will take several weeks at least for his hormones to settle down, and remember that he can still be fertile during this time. I just wanted to add that I changed my indoor/outdoor kitty to indoor only about 4 years ago, and while in the beginning it was hard, she eventually settled down, and now she doesn't ever try to go outside anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarah - lou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It will take several weeks at least for his hormones to settle down, and remember that he can still be fertile during this time. I just wanted to add that I changed my indoor/outdoor kitty to indoor only about 4 years ago, and while in the beginning it was hard, she eventually settled down, and now she doesn't ever try to go outside anymore.
thanks for the advice vball91.

caressarenae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm actually having the same issue. Mainly if the dog is out in yard or if me or boyfriend are outside. I guess he just doesn't want to be left out. Hes been an indoor cat since I got him & has been neutered as well.