Wide Eyed, Panting

Nouveau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all!

So just had an interesting experience with my boy. Like most cats he goes crazy for string. I didn’t want him to be able to swallow any and just threw out some old shoes so washed the shoe laces so we could play together and I wouldn’t have to worry about it breaking off. Well, he ran off with one and the tone in his ‘meow’ was very different. Haven’t heard it before. So I took it from him and played with him. Well, he may have been having fun but his eyes were fully diolated continuously. I held it up, taught between my hands and he was biting at it. Then for a split second he started panting. So I put up the laces.

Do you think he was having fun or do you think it was actually stressing him out? Or was he just hopped up on instinctual adrenaline?

Basically if it stresses him out negatively I won’t continue playin this game. But if you guys think it’s ok and good stimulation, we have a great new energy-zapper!!

I love my baby boy indescribably and want him as healthy and happy as possible!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he was just having fun and some cats will pant after active play sessions. He was having a great time and loves this new game, so I would definitely continue. I have never had an issue with my cats choking or eating shoe laces but others have, so when you two are done playing you want to put the shoelaces away until next play time.