Why I've been gone

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously, there have been no posts from me for some time. Some of you may remember one in which I mentioned being diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder Type II.

Basically, it hasn't been an easy few months and airing matters like that just didn't seem right or fair here. Between the attempts to get the correct medications, the side effects from each try, etc., it was just too difficult to share and worry anyone. A couple of people that I thought were my friends here (for nine years or more), actually could not handle the whole ordeal and we no longer speak. So, I've been very cautious.

I believe my last post was to inform you all that I had found Percy's body in the field down the road. That loss didn't do much for my psyche at the time, so I withdrew from a lot of places, including this one.

With the help of a good doctor, as well as my loving husband, I am doing much better. We finally found a combination of meds that seem to level things for me, and I'm getting much closer to feeling whole again. There is a long way to go. I will never be "cured", merely maintained. I've finally come to accept this.

So, if I'm not around a lot, please don't think that I've forgotten any of you. I've missed you all and thought of you often, just didn't have enough energy to explain everything.

I'll check in from time to time, definitely more often than I have. If anyone would like to talk or contact me otherwise, there's Yahoo, email , or PM's here. And I hope you all are well.

Take care and thank you,
Ronda

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad you got the help you needed./...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ronda, I'm glad to hear that you've come to terms with your health issue. And I'm also very glad that you've found a combination of meds that works for you. The human brain is still such a mystery to modern science...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear from you! I know what you are going though is very difficult! I'm glad to hear you have support there! Stop in when you can! We do miss you!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We DID miss you! I especially missed seeing Sophie Grace's beautiful face around here!
I'm happy to hear you are starting to feel better, and I hope things continue to improve. Feel free to pm me any time if you need anything!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish you all the luck, Ronda. My wife is bipolar, so I've been involved in things like the meds balancing act and such. I know it is not easy for you. I'll say a prayer for you. And glad you're back.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I was on here when you were posting but I all to well know how mental health issues can affect life in general, I have Borderline Personality Disorder as well as Major depression in among anxiety issues....and right now I'm fighting my own uphill battles (not to hijack this thread I have my own thread for that).

But I do understand and though I didn't know you before, welcome back and I hope you really are feeling well.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
How terrible for you, I am so glad that you are finally getting your life back and feeling on the way to normal again.
Don't ever feel like its a burden to others to come on here and pour out how you are feeling. You never know who might be feeling similar. We are all here for you

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pleased to hear that you are finding a bit of a balance and things are settling slightly for you!

Please remember that we're all here for you and it's always good to talk (type!)

Welcome back!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update Ronda....we did miss you here very much but understand your reasons for not being able to visit often.

I wish you the best for the future

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was gone myself for a bit (car accident) but I do seem to remember you were planning to go see Phantom of the Opera at the Fox in St. Louis. Have you been, yet?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better! I'm sorry to hear about your friends, but at least you know now who is really there for you.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!! You will never be a burden to us here at TCS!! All of us crazy cat people are always here for eachother! Feel free to vent, cry, whine, or share your joys and pains with us at anytime! I am glad to hear that you have found the right combo of meds to help you! Please update us whenever possible!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Welcome back!! You will never be a burden to us here at TCS!! All of us crazy cat people are always here for eachother! Feel free to vent, cry, whine, or share your joys and pains with us at anytime! I am glad to hear that you have found the right combo of meds to help you! Please update us whenever possible!!
I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I was gone myself for a bit (car accident) but I do seem to remember you were planning to go see Phantom of the Opera at the Fox in St. Louis. Have you been, yet?
We go Saturday!!!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've noticed you haven't been around as much. It's always good to see that members don't really leave. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Ronda - I'm sorry to hear that you've had it rough for a while, but so glad to see you back
I hope things are looking up for you now. Have a fantastic time at the Phantom of the Opera

Take care

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed you weren't around. Glad to know that things are improving in your life, and I hope it all comes together soon. Don't be afraid of posting - that is what the forum is for!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ronda, glad to see you back..........and so glad to hear you've found the right combo of meds to help....that can take forever..........please know that we all care about you and are here if/when you need us!
Have a great time at POTO! I saw it about 10 years ago, and it was great!