Why I Have Cats šŸˆ

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats šŸ˜‡šŸ˜¼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I am a cat person because I am a cat person. I like solitude. I like living quietly in stable environmet with as little change as possible. I donā€™t like travel, noisy parties, and too much talk. I hate hour-long phone conversations. Before my retirement, one of my job duties was managing people. It sucked.
Now I am in the fourth year of my retirement. I live alone with my cats in my house in a wooded area deep in the countryside. The last three years were the happiest time of my life, although we had our share of troubles. Our life may seem monotonous, but actually it is as full and exciting as it could possibly be.
I wasnā€™t into cats before retirement and didn't know much about them. I didn't go to shelter for my cats; they chose me and came into my life. Each time it was incredible adventure, sometimes tragic, other times joyful. I can write a book about it. Through these experiences I learned few things about cats.

Cats are like humans. They all have very distinct characters. They have all emotions that humans have, but theirs are deeper and stronger. In certain ways they are superior to us. They can see and understand things that we donā€™t see and donā€™t understand. True friendship between a cat and a human is based on equality. It is one of the purest forms of friendship because it doesnā€™t involve money, sex, domination, arguing, etc. A cat demands very little but gives back a lot because she/he is permanently happy and this happiness is infectious. We tacitly understand each other and live in perfect harmony. :catrub:

~ Author Unknown
{ Could likely be any of us }

Last edited:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You sound like your a amazing purrpa (papa/dad) to your cats :catrub:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

" Our life may seem monotonous, but actually it is as full and exciting as it could possibly be."
Some people feel this as boredom, and others feel it as peace.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
ā€¦I guess my response is: why wouldnā€™t you have cats, for whatever reason on Earth? It would be like not having an arm or oxygen. Itā€™s the oneā€™s that donā€™t have cats that puzzle me. I often have fantasies that if we gave every politician a kitten, Peace would be established throughout the land.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

" Our life may seem monotonous, but actually it is as full and exciting as it could possibly be."
Some people feel this as boredom, and others feel it as peace.
Agree very much w/ iPappy hereā€¦enjoying and gnawing on your philosophic musings on cats & life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats šŸ˜‡šŸ˜¼
Top Cat
Purraise
ā€¦I guess my response is: why wouldnā€™t you have cats, for whatever reason on Earth? It would be like not having an arm or oxygen. Itā€™s the oneā€™s that donā€™t have cats that puzzle me. I often have fantasies that if we gave every politician a kitten, Peace would be established throughout the land.
~ Some people are allergic. That's why we "Cat People " have extras ... šŸ˜½šŸƒ