Why Doesnt My Cat Have Normal Cat-like Behavior?

Squeakies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Want to start by saying that waffles is a wonderful cat and I don't think anything is wrong with her. I adopted her when she was 4 months old from a shelter, and she is now 9 months. She was not with her mother at the time I adopted her.

Waffles doesn't act like any other cat I've had. She is extremely social with people, actively follows us around and interacts with us, and has no problems being held or touched. She is also extremely vocal.

I have only seen her make muffins once (when she was on the way back from the vet, drugged from being fixed). I have never ever seen her strike up against a person or object, or rub her face on anything. She doesn't mind being pet at all, but she doesn't really get into it like other cats I've had do.

Has anyone else had a cat behave like this, and if so what was the backstory?

DeannaF

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat like this and he's 12 months old. He actually showed up on our door step a few months ago and he became our indoor only kitty. :)

He doesn't attack us at all, loves to play and is very social. He's attached to all of us..he has to be around us at all times if we're home. If we're watching TV, he's steps away, sleeping. He sleeps with us, also.

I don't think there's anything wrong...just different temperments for different cats. :)

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like humans, cats have their own unique personalities. Your Waffles sound like an awesome cat! It does seem odd that she doesn't scent-mark things like other cats do. My understanding is that the scent marking is a way that cats say MINE. Even so, perhaps Little Miss Waffles is so assured of her surroundings and well being that she just doesn't feel the need to scent-mark anything!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lived with cats for most of my 66 years, I can tell you that every cat has its own personality, quirks, likes and dislikes. Your cat sounds absolutely 100 percent normal to me, and like a wonderful cat. You may find that a she grows older her behavior may changes in some ways - she may get calmer, more affectionate and more interested in attention.