Why Does Youtube Allow This..

AbbyBail

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to know something, I look up funny cat videos just to cheer me up in youtube.

Some video clips can be cute and funny when cats scare themselves. This one here is really horrible How is youtube allowing this. I wouldn't do this to my cat at all nor would I like anyone I know doing that.

What do you think? Am I overreacting?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think YouTube actually controls the content of videos unless they get complaints about specific ones.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Start the video and then click on the YouTube icon, bottom left. When you're watching the video on YouTube you can see three grey dots underneath the video, next to the title. Click on these dots and the option to report will appear.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That video is horrible. There used to be a lot of videos on YouTube where people scared their cats and thought it was hysterical. There are not so many now, so they were probably reported. Good thing you reported it too. It's so mean, and the cat certainly doesn't think it's funny.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't finish watching this! I will also file a complaint. Not only is this absolutely cruel, but the flowers could be toxic to the poor kitty. As I said, I couldn't watch the whole thing so I didn't get a good look at the type of flowers.
Some people are simply ignorant! (I'm watching my language)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not choosing to watch this; though I will report it. It's terrible and I don't understand why some think that animal cruelty is funny. I feel so bad for the poor little cat, I hope someone alerts the video to the local Humane Society or another animal organisation so the cat can find a more loving home.