Why does Mitty knock her food and water bowl over?

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have watched her take her paw and just, woosh, smack them over. LOL! The other cats do not do this. Is she saying she's not happy or is she just being a cat? 

riccadawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No idea why they do this!! River likes to stick her paw in her food dish, grab a bit of food, throw it on the floor, and eat it off the floor instead of out of the bowl. Sometimes she knocks the bowl over in the process. Weird!

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Silly kitty! Willow used to grab a few nuggets, put them on the floor and eat from there. It didn't matter what type of bowl I have her. Gus, oh sweet Gus, he has never learned how to properly drink. He lays right in front of the bowl, with it right under his face and dips a paw in to lick from. He doesn't know he's supposed to drink from the bowl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Tiger does that! She will either use her paw or her mouth to pull food out of the bowl. I read it could be because her whiskers touch the sides of the bowl so I gotbigger bowls but she still does it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is called being silly. You can stop it by buying bowls with a wide bottom or ceramic bowls.
I tried getting heavier bowls but she will then use her nose to tip them or use her paw to wack the food out.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried getting heavier bowls but she will then use her nose to tip them or use her paw to wack the food out.
LOL! She wants to put food and water on the floor! Use bowls with wide bottoms then. They don't hold as much so they are ideal for wet food.

Last edited: