Why does a cat go and sit on a computer?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very good thread to start, Adnan Hosen Adnan Hosen and Muezza! I unfortunately do not have any pix like this because my computer desk is FULL and there is no room to accomodate a cat on it; but our beloved angel Tarifa did jump up on it a few times and she was promptly ushered off so as not to cause havoc in cyberspace ;)
Welcome to TCS, too, and we hope you enjoy it here! It is a wonderful global community.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. to get in your way
2. wants your attention
3. whats yours becomes theirs
4. because they can
5.it makes you smile/laugh
6. aand they know all the above :lol:
p.s. its also good to save anything important you might be working on especially if you need to step away from your key board. also your keyboard probably smells strongly of your scent so it probably feels like a safe place to nap at

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Example of just getting in the way .graycie has plenty of room to walk behind the fan to get onto "her"cart and sit but she chooses to walk in front and get in my way.all my coffee mugs have lids to keep her tail clean🙄

Attachments

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree - I think they will sit on whatever you are giving attention if they want it! Sometimes you're reading papers or looking at something and they come and sit on it. They're the MOST important after all. My past cat liked the warmth the computer gave off. Nowadays I don't think they get as warm as they used to, but still a bit!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Example of just getting in the way .graycie has plenty of room to walk behind the fan to get onto "her"cart and sit but she chooses to walk in front and get in my way.all my coffee mugs have lids to keep her tail clean🙄
That's not "getting in my way" -- it's gracing you with her presence and allowing you to see and hopefully stroke her as she goes about her very important Cat Business. ;) :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adnan Hosen

I'm Adnan, and My Cat name MUEZZA
Kitten
Purraise
Because chances are you are sitting in front of it. It wants your attention.
That's a good point! It seems like cats have a knack for finding the exact spot where we're trying to work or relax. It's like they have a sixth sense for our attention.

Adnan Hosen

Kitten
Purraise
A very good thread to start, Adnan Hosen Adnan Hosen and Muezza! I unfortunately do not have any pix like this because my computer desk is FULL and there is no room to accomodate a cat on it; but our beloved angel Tarifa did jump up on it a few times and she was promptly ushered off so as not to cause havoc in cyberspace ;)
Welcome to TCS, too, and we hope you enjoy it here! It is a wonderful global community.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and sharing your experience with Tarifa! It sounds like you had to maintain a 'no-cats-on-the-computer-desk' policy to avoid any cyber havoc. 😄 It's great to be a part of this global community, and I'm looking forward to more fun discussions like this one!

Adnan Hosen

Kitten
Purraise
1. to get in your way
2. wants your attention
3. whats yours becomes theirs
4. because they can
5.it makes you smile/laugh
6. aand they know all the above :lol:
p.s. its also good to save anything important you might be working on especially if you need to step away from your key board. also your keyboard probably smells strongly of your scent so it probably feels like a safe place to nap at
Haha, these reasons are spot on! Cats seem to have a unique way of making themselves the center of attention, don't they? 😸 It's true that they have a knack for finding the coziest spots, and I totally agree with your point about saving important work before stepping away – cats can be quite unpredictable! Thanks for the insight, and I'm sure many of us can relate to these feline behaviors.

Adnan Hosen

Kitten
Purraise
I agree - I think they will sit on whatever you are giving attention if they want it! Sometimes you're reading papers or looking at something and they come and sit on it. They're the MOST important after all. My past cat liked the warmth the computer gave off. Nowadays I don't think they get as warm as they used to, but still a bit!
Absolutely, cats do have a way of making themselves the center of our world! 😄 It's interesting how they're drawn to warmth, including the heat from computers. Maybe it's their way of saying, 'If it's warm, it's mine!'

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and sharing your experience with Tarifa! It sounds like you had to maintain a 'no-cats-on-the-computer-desk' policy to avoid any cyber havoc. 😄 It's great to be a part of this global community, and I'm looking forward to more fun discussions like this one!
Yes, you are correct! My computer desk is the one place in the home that is kind of disorganized from time to time and it has my to-do work, so it's important not to upset or lose any of that. Electronics can be fragile and easily impacted, too. And most important of all, cat safety is Priority One here. Tar would barrel up here without really knowing that it could be scary for her.
IMG_0431.JPG

Beloved angel Tarifa in the office, overseeing and helping with the work:hearthrob::dancingblackcat::hearthrob:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Adnan Hosen Adnan Hosen and Muezza!

My late Katie was a great one for keyboards - I even had some samples of her typing back in the day. I can only imagine what Phoebe and Daisy would do if I had a desktop computer now. As it is, Daisy sits on my iPad the minute I close it, presumably for the warmth, or sits between me and it (I usually type lying in bed, so she sits on my chest, thus completely blocking the view :lol:). I must try to get a photo of her sitting on It. She's dedicated enough that the case is covered in little scratches!

PS nice to see another of her distant sisters - you'll probably see daftcat75 daftcat75 's lovely girl Betty White, too.

Adnan Hosen

Kitten
Purraise
Welcome Adnan Hosen Adnan Hosen and Muezza!

My late Katie was a great one for keyboards - I even had some samples of her typing back in the day. I can only imagine what Phoebe and Daisy would do if I had a desktop computer now. As it is, Daisy sits on my iPad the minute I close it, presumably for the warmth, or sits between me and it (I usually type lying in bed, so she sits on my chest, thus completely blocking the view :lol:). I must try to get a photo of her sitting on It. She's dedicated enough that the case is covered in little scratches!

PS nice to see another of her distant sisters - you'll probably see daftcat75 daftcat75 's lovely girl Betty White, too.
Thank you for the warm welcome and for sharing your delightful stories about Katie, Phoebe, Daisy, and their computer antics! It sounds like they all had a penchant for keyboards and warm spots. 😄 Daisy's dedication to sitting on your iPad is adorable, even if it results in a well-loved case. I'd love to see a photo of her in action someday! And I look forward to seeing more of daftcat75's lovely girl, Betty White. It's wonderful to be part of this community with so many fellow cat enthusiasts!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome and for sharing your delightful stories about Katie, Phoebe, Daisy, and their computer antics! It sounds like they all had a penchant for keyboards and warm spots. 😄 Daisy's dedication to sitting on your iPad is adorable, even if it results in a well-loved case. I'd love to see a photo of her in action someday! And I look forward to seeing more of daftcat75's lovely girl, Betty White. It's wonderful to be part of this community with so many fellow cat enthusiasts!
Thank you, and I am going to try to get a photo of her on it! I thought I was going to get a view of her from underneath just now - she was standing on the screen while the camera was open, but no, post-poo zoomies took over again and she took off before I could get a pic. :lol:

Here at least is a shot of her getting between the screen and me ...

46FF727F-1389-4705-874A-165FB0672D25.jpeg