Why Do They Do That?

DaddysKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever I feed my Missy something she really likes she takes it from the food bowl in the kitchen and brings it to "her" rug in the hall way. Most times she leaves bits of food, sometimes more than just bits, on the rug. Dunno what's up with that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried putting a placemat on her rug and feeding her there? Cats are picky, maybe she wants to eat there. Demi will only drink water on the bathroom sink, nowhere else.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If mine really like their food they tend to "neom, neom, neom" vocally when eating. But I have heard of cats taking their "precious" food to a place they feel secure. Its part of their wild nature, they are protecting the tasty morsels from any perceived threat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DaddysKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If mine really like their food they tend to "neom, neom, neom" vocally when eating. But I have heard of cats taking their "precious" food to a place they feel secure. Its part of their wild nature, they are protecting the tasty morsels from any perceived threat
Good point about taking it somewhere secure - like a leopard taking a kill into a tree. But there's no threat to her so I dunno why she needs to do that. And yeah it makes a mess that sometimes gets stepped on by me. Yuck.