Why do cats want you to look at raised paw?

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi my baby Taz (Tonkinese) loves to sit beside me or above me on the couch.
if beside me she will sit down then raise her back paw staring at me until i look at the paw then move it to make sure its got my full attention lol
if she above me she will paw my head so i turn around to look at the rear paw shes raising?
its like shes saying LOOK AT THIS then she goes back to whatever shes doing
always wondered why?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me it sounds like she's just trying to get your attention. Not the paw but to herself :-)

This might also be her way of asking for pets since you pet with your own paw.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a theory that most domestic cats learn on mimic human behaviour. I think meowing is what they think we say. Like they’re saying just make an annoying noise like humans do that’ll work.
So maybe your cuts mimicking waving or something you do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ty MissC n Ellie
i see your both right my baby woukd always get pets n kisses whenever she does that, it makes sense cuz shes always trying do her cat mime act to tell me she wants something or a door open & especially if her water or food isnt fresh. very expressive lol
i believe your theory is correct my cat watches me so knows my every habit, my family n i have said she knows some english because if we talk about something she knows about she reacts like if its a dinner with turkey or roast she immediately gets lovey but if we talk about cat medicine bam shes gone lol