Why digging in the corner of my house

bubleh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has found a new love for digging in the corners around the house.
She has her own litterbox and uses it like she should, no accidents.

But she still goes around the house and starts scratching on the floors, as if she is looking for something. (Digging).
Sometimes when she is done she lays there for a while, before going to her place. (A bed on the floor).

She is about 3 years old, no illness and eats like she should. Not very fond of being outside, but live in a town with lots of snow and wind. She is kinda of a coward.

But still I have her outside for about an hour a day.

I have no idea what she is up to, and there is nothing special happening before she does this.

Is she just a strange cat, or is there a reason for this?

I will be happy for any answers that can give an plausible answer =)

- Bubleh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubleh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has made her own scratching post of an old chest. Full access to it at all times to.

Have never seen her scratching something else than that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubleh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not a problem today.. I was just wondering why she has this behavior ")
she is only clawing on the floor, not the walls.
The house is a couple of years old, so don't think that there is much living creatures in the wall ")

SweetieBud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there!
This doesn't help you in the least bit, Bubleh. I wanted to comment because my cats are also doing this. It's as if they are obsessed to dig in the corners of my apartment. There is no pee or critters are the area, they just like it a lot.

They are not destroying the carpet, it's more of a litter box dig. I am at a total loss though, seeing how they both use the box just fine no accidents.

Tis quite obscure, and annoying.(right next to my side of the bed) 🐱

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey there!
This doesn't help you in the least bit, Bubleh. I wanted to comment because my cats are also doing this. It's as if they are obsessed to dig in the corners of my apartment. There is no pee or critters are the area, they just like it a lot.
They are not destroying the carpet, it's more of a litter box dig. I am at a total loss though, seeing how they both use the box just fine no accidents.
Tis quite obscure, and annoying.(right next to my side of the bed) 🐱
Hi! The thread you posted to is an old one. I would recommend you start your own thread, if you are looking for some tips/ideas for your issue! Hopefully, some members will have some possible solutions for you!!