Why Did My Cat Just Poop On My Child's New Toy???

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i purchased a new coloring pad for my kid, it's like a big mat to color on with water pens. Well the first day my female cat when right to it in front of every one in the front room and pooped just one turd(tmi) and then tried to dig. She has never pottied outside of her box and it gets clean everyday. She does not seem sick at all she seems fine.
I thought maybe it was just a freak accident so I cleaned it real good and used natures miracle enzyme cleaner and when I brought it back out today she is attracted to it like a magnet. I soaked it in the nature's miracle so I know for sure there is no poop smell left.

Is something wrong with her? Is there something wrong with the toy!?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing wrong with her, and it's not that there's anything wrong per se with the coloring pad, but as war&wisdom war&wisdom has said, there's a chemical in it that's super attractive to your cat. This reminds me of cats that are attracted to floor mats that have the rubbery layer underneath.

Anyway, I think if it were me, I would try a different approach. Maybe just buy some artist's newsprint paper. It comes in different sizes, and number of sheets. (just as a mention Walmart has some different sizes on sale right now :) ).

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.. a new coloring pad for my kid, it's like a big mat to color on with water pens. ...
You could try just affixing the coloring pad to a wall, or maybe even getting a child-sized artist's drawing board on a stand, and have your child do art that way. I don't think the cat would try pooping on a vertical pad, only a horizontal one ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
026FBD75-048C-4F60-B3EF-FA0421D5E8F9.png
Sorry guys! I've been busy and forgot al about this post! I have moved the coloring mat to a table she hasn't pooped on it again but always is trying to get up there and is ALWAYS Sniffing at especially a part that hangs over a little bit off the table!
It probably does have a rubber backing because it's a mat that you pretty much just get wet with water to draw.
She has all types of drawing/coloring stuff but this was the one thing she can mess with all the time with out me worrying about making a mess!

Attachments

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
View attachment 276121 Sorry guys! I've been busy and forgot al about this post! I have moved the coloring mat to a table she hasn't pooped on it again but always is trying to get up there and is ALWAYS Sniffing at especially a part that hangs over a little bit off the table!
It probably does have a rubber backing because it's a mat that you pretty much just get wet with water to draw.
She has all types of drawing/coloring stuff but this was the one thing she can mess with all the time with out me worrying about making a mess!
I would have loved to have that as a kid!

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:lolup::lolup:

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha! She has never even touched her bed not once! It's still got the tag on brand new! She literally won't even sniff her bed let alone go in there.
Maybe I should put them the coloring mat in there! Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a beauty! Is he all white, with an orange tail?

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beauty! Is he all white, with an orange tail?

Yes she is all white and she has an orange spot on the back top of her head and her tails orange. She is almost a long hair cat now too! Her fur is the softest ever

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's cute and fuzzy, but she's not cuddly hahaha

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ooops... I see I called her a "he". Sorry sweetie. :hearthrob: