Why Cats Keep Staring At My Face?

Le Hoang Vu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes, when I see a cat, it's keep staring at me non-stop until I walk away. Even when I touch them, they still keep staring. It's kinda creepy though. What does it mean when they keep staring at you non-stop?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe they think u are amazing! If u r tall I find they do it to tall people usually like they are mesmerized. Maybe it' like they know u love them! Someone should make something that makes them talk for real! Than again, idk if I want to know what they think half the time...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Le Hoang Vu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think I'm that amazing. Some cats do stay still for me to pet but some just run away but still keep their eyes contact. Oh, I forgot to mention something, their eyes dilates when they look at me. My mother keeps joking about this :" You're an alien. That's should explain it". :insertevillaugh:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are known for making lots of eye contact. It can mean different things depending on the situation. Sometimes it’s a challenge or a signal that they see you crossing their path. Other times they are just interested or responding to you looking at them.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~:petcat: It's possible that you are part cat. The cats can sense this . They know you're one of them - but too big ! :catrub:

Cat_mediator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If he stares at you, maybe because you look straight into his eyes first? Most cats find it threatening when a person looks straight into their eyes. Try to look below his eyes or other parts of his body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Le Hoang Vu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he stares at you, maybe because you look straight into his eyes first? Most cats find it threatening when a person looks straight into their eyes. Try to look below his eyes or other parts of his body.
No, didn't look into their eyes first. They just do that when I come into their sights. I don't have cat but when I go out and see a random cat, they tend to do this. I have no idea what to do. Some just run, some freeze for me to pet. And again, they still keep their eyes contact.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe they can see something in u. U could be possessed lol just kidding by the way. They just really like u and kitties are all a little odd anyway I find