Who shares their home with kids and animals?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when people take a grain of truth and attach a bunch of lies to it!
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Saturday night I was doing the dishes while he gave Kayla her bath, and Pedro went upstairs when I wasn't watching and pooped on the bedroom floor. Mark had none of it. He was furious! He started saying Pedro had used his final chance and I asked him why he disliked animals so much and he said he used to think of animals as family members but it all changed when he had a kid and now she's his #1 priority and animals are just that...animals.
Of course your child is #1 to you! However, whether you think of your pets as family members and equal to the child, or "just animals", they are not disposable! And if you care at all for your human children, you will not dispose of their pets!

He even went as far as to start ripping on people who are trying to save endangered species, he said that's life and evey time humans have a child, a tree is killed and another monkey loses his home, but that's the way it is, blah blah blah....He really got intense about it.
So if you kill an endangered animal, would it help him love you more? That is just a bizarre stanch on a conversation about your pets and his daughter. Reminds me of when my ex would get mad about my Mom being overweight. What difference does it make to your relationship if some animal lovers are saving endangered species???

He then told me that no animals should ever bite a human no matter what
Well of course that is a general rule, no one wants a viscious animal. But the chihuahua nipped due to rough handling and no supervision!

and if I don't downsize my animals, I have no business raising kids.....
Downsizing? So after you kill an endangered animal, you get rid of what, 2 or three of your pets, then its all ok? What a psycho!

I feel sorry for you that he was a different person than who you thought he was, but mostly I feel sorry for Kayla. She got to meet you, a wonderful person, and all your pets, and now she loses you all because her Dad is a jerk. I hope she gets a pet of her own someday! And I hope if you see Mark again, the dog whizzes on his shoes!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
I just got caught up on this thread. I am sorry that things did not work out for you but on the bright side (as mentioned before) at least you found out now instead of way later. Charlie(DH) hated cats and I knew this... well I love cats and when I brought home 3 of them and later Ailey he was a bit furious but the other day we were talking and he said that he had gotten used to them being around and that I had better bring them back with me when I come home from minnesota (hes not going with me) he actually said that he would miss them!!!! I was quite impressed. He would never ask me to get rid of them. I knew that eventually he would warm up to them just like he did the gerbils and the turtle and the fish and.... lol you get the point. Your better off without him. Have faith keep your chin up and live for yourself.. when your not looking for someone is when you will find "the right one"

((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) from all of us

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'll let you "insert rude comment here."
Only one?!

As it's been said, everything happens for a reason - your animals will always love you no matter what. Who knows, you could be destined to get together with some incredibly rich, incredibly good looking animal lover, who just can't face being without you or your little menagerie! You do realize though that then I would have to be exceedingly jealous
Mr Right will show his face sooner or later and then your ex can stick it where the sun don't shine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, well Mr. Right better come around soon when I'm not looking, cuz I won't be fit to be a mother for other reasons than I have too many cats...my ovaries won't be working pretty soon!!!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ok, well Mr. Right better come around soon when I'm not looking, cuz I won't be fit to be a mother for other reasons than I have too many cats...my ovaries won't be working pretty soon!!!!
If that does happen and I'm not saying it is!! You seem to have such a big heart it might be in the cards for you adopt!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's something I've seriously considered, since I seem to like to adopt living things already!
I'll give it till I'm 35, then we'll see, hehe...

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats the spirit!
Woman today are having kids into their 40's with no problem. So thats plenty of time to trip on Mr. Right when you least expect it!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great, I'll trip on him and fall down in the mud and crack my two front teeth...and he'll walk off!
How about sauntering...I think that will work better....hehe

kitty's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We always had animals when I was growing up and I always had animals when I was raising my son. Don't let it bother you too much.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great, I'll trip on him and fall down in the mud and crack my two front teeth...and he'll walk off!
How about sauntering...I think that will work better....hehe
No he won't walk off!! He will pick you up and carry you off into the sunset.