Who is in the path of all this severe weather?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

We were under a warning in atlanta, but thankfully all we got was some serious wind and hail throughout the night.
This for us as well. It was so windy!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy to report that the bad weather is all past us now. Did we have any members in Alabama?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep and she is fine. No power though; so she probably won't check in with us I don't think. But she has been on FB from her phone.

My in-laws live in NE Tennessee also and I heard it was quite crazy. They spent the night in their basement. I'm guessing my SIL did with her kids also.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Glade City VA got hit pretty badly. Here is a video a friend posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxeN...e_gdata_player
I am originally from Bristol TN/VA And this is maybe 10 minutes from where we lived for a long time. Scary to see places you know....
My aunt has a lot of damage to her house, but nothing structural, just windows and siding. My great grandmothers house lost all of the awnings. From what I have heard the rest of my family has made it out with no problems.

I was off work today and drove around a bit and talked to some friends. 3 friends have totaled cars, a couple we are friends with had a tree land on their house, but didnt cause too much damage since it was a smaller tree, and lots of messed up siding.
Glad to hear your family made it through.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopeing that everyone and thier furbabies are ok and all the animals found somewhere to hide, thinking of you all xx

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had some rain with thunder and lighting and we were under a tornado warning for a while. Not enough to do any major damage here just things got wet.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our area was lucky not to get hit, but less than 5 miles away, it is total devastation. I have never seen such damage. I drive a lot in that area, and the main roads were open to traffic, but you could not get in to the neighborhoods without a good reason. They had just build beautiful new base housing on Camp LeJeune, and it was all knocked down. Thankfully they were just finishing up and nobody was living in most of it.
Our Marines beat the Red Cross to get to people that might be injured, and they saved several lives of people trapped under debris.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks M&N for starting this thread, and for being so concerned about us! We finally got power Friday evening, but this is the first time I've been able to get my computer out and powered up due to time constraints, lol! I have to say that we were blessed, horrible destruction and death in all counties around me, but here just some downed trees and power lines (look up Winston County, Alabama on a map that shows the tornado damage, its amazing!). Looking at the pictures and video of all that's going on though, ..... words have left me!