Who do you think I am?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

josie and the

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, she could be a birman mix. Hard to tell when they are little.

mgurddd19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I asked the same question today, my kitten looked just like that one but I'm not sure what breed mine is either I'm guessing it's Siamese or maybe but I don't know because neither his parents nor any kitten in his litter were :)) what i love about him is how soft his fur is , he was identical to your kitty when he was around that age now hes about 4 months , here are some pictures of him, your kitten will probably end up looking similar to him :) her patches are going to get bigger also as she grows but she is very cute

josie and the

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are all so cute! I was hoping she would stay fluffy as she's so soft and she likes being brushed… Kinda!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Three nice points. Do all these have bushy tail?  If so, they are to count as mediumhaired.   If not, its just  their kitten fluffness,  Re the third, I think I had answered in another thread.

The second, with its lenghy legs, I would like to compare with a Balinese, ie essentially a mediumhaired  Siamese.

The first, the choice will be balinese, or  ragdoll.

Birman?  For a conneiseur there are surely many ways to see whom is a birman look alike, and whom is a ragdoll look alike.

But.  The easiest rule of thumb, is birman has "always"  socks, but ragdoll usually not.   There is though an exception with ragdolls, some ragdolls do have socks.  That is the mitted ragdoll, ie ragdoll with white.

The third one is apparently mitted, with both socks and some white at the nose...

Rewriting from another post:

The point gene is a nice twist of practical genetics.  The gene as such is weak, recessive, and can be carried  in many generation, without becoming visible.

BUT.  Doubled up, one from mom and one from dad, it becomes suddenly very strong and manifest.   The kitten in question becomes a point, while the littermates looks alike parents   The exact point colors comes although from the colors the parents carry.   Black cats give a seal point, a red cat give often a Flame point, a blue cat give a blue point, etc...

Such happens now and then in the russian blue breed, because they used some blue point siamese studs 70 years ago.   And there still pops up pointed kittens among blue RB kittens, although  breeders avoid to use known point gene carriers...   That is a drastical example.   So pointed kittens are of course more common among domestics...   And also in other breeds, where its not so touchy if they are pointed.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the lesson StefanZ StefanZ :) Like I said - I'm no expert. I just saw siamese colouring with longer fur and thought Birman. Looking again, I can absolutely see the lack of socks :anon:

I bow to your encyclopedic knowledge :worship:

Last edited:

josie and the

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Stefan. Yes she has a bushy tail so much so I never realized it was broken at the tip till I rang my fingers along it. So probably balinese esq, fingers crossed for ragdoll esq with their gorgeous fur. I really hope her coat stays longish though.

I've been told she is the spitting image of a friend's pure ragdoll but to me she looks like any pointed fluffy kitten like in the other pictures, though with feet points, we now know not Birman! I guess I shall wait and see in a few months 

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the main breed is a Birman, l had one a good few years ago. I had a Persian till last Christmas and her fur is not as long as a Persian;s. Try and fit grooming each day even if its just for two minutes that was how my Abbie got used to it. I had the most problems with runny eyes so they were always needing doing.

lots of love with her

Jilly

josie and the

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I love my furbaby and can't wait to see what she grows into!