White weasel

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time ever, I saw the most adorable thing peek it's head and upper body up from between the gap of my patio doors and deck outside. It just popped up and looked around for about 2 minutes then went back down under my deck. This is not a photo I took, but exactly what I saw. Turns out it's a white weasel.
1669855931564.png
1669856087262.png

At first I was really concerned because I thought it might be a baby ferret that got loose, it was tiny. So I was debating weather to contact someone who could help trap the "poor thing". It was absolutely stunning and you could tell in great health. Bright eyes and curious demeanor, lovely perfect white fur that looked so so soft...
I'd never seen one before so I'm not even really sure how common they are in my area. Turns out they eat small rodents so I happily would love for it to stay right under my deck for as long as it wants....I've seen some mice and voles in the area where this little guy was, so hopefully he's being fed by the little critters that 1) have been tormenting my cats and 2) that got in my house a couple weeks ago. I love all animals, but mice and voles need to stay OUTSIDE!!!