White fur - Need tips to remove TOUGH stains from it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

I wonder if lemon juice would work.. It has whitening ability.
Holly cow, that would drive him nuts!

It's so funny you say that... People always say cats don't like the smell of citrus... Yesterday I was finishing up a bottle of OJ, and Lucky got curious... I gave her to smell... Holly molly! She RAN away SO FAST
!!! It was the funniest thing, Like it had hurt her or something, like she was afraid of it!

I can only imagine lemon juice would be even worst!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^I've, meanly, offered the cats a sniff of oranges and lemons knowing that they'll hate it. I'll also let Tomas sniff onions when I cut them up - the face he makes is amusing.

Did you have any luck at all lightening it? I'm sure it's not as much of a concern now, though.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I didn't know cats don't like that smell. I guess it isn't top priority right now anyway.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest Carolina I'd probably just cut it off - it wont take long to grow back and it will come back white and new. I'd over spending money on whitening products to be honest

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First - What a beautiful boy!!!!

Second - Most pet stores sell whitening shampoo... it's blue, and when you apply it, it looks like it will stain him more, but it really works. I like the Tropi-something... I can't remember the name, but it's a white and light green bottle with a paw print on it... it's good stuff and it smells pretty, too!

Good Luck!

Okie

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have any tips about the whitening stuff but I do have a question for you Carolina. Have you found anything that will help from your long hair cats looking "greasy" in their main area. Hercules has what looks to be the same type of fur but his chest area always looks a little greasy to me. I comb it and it will look pretty but then he grooms himself and it looks icky again. The rest of his coat is beautiful and lays nicely its just his "boobie" area..LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I dont have any tips about the whitening stuff but I do have a question for you Carolina. Have you found anything that will help from your long hair cats looking "greasy" in their main area. Hercules has what looks to be the same type of fur but his chest area always looks a little greasy to me. I comb it and it will look pretty but then he grooms himself and it looks icky again. The rest of his coat is beautiful and lays nicely its just his "boobie" area..LOL!
I have this problem with Lucky... She is a little greasy on her back... The only thing that seems to help is brushing her with a good boar bristle hair brush... It just "distributes" and sucks the oil up, per say, but it doesn't really take care of the problem 100%...
I think some cats just produce a little more grease on their skin, just like some humans... I have 3 long hairs, and only one with this problem... Bugsy and Lucky eat the same food, so I know it is not diet related.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sherman's mane looks better in front since I now bib him before every meal. He was getting wet food in it and the fat coating from dry food on it, too.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Holly cow, that would drive him nuts!

It's so funny you say that... People always say cats don't like the smell of citrus... Yesterday I was finishing up a bottle of OJ, and Lucky got curious... I gave her to smell... Holly molly! She RAN away SO FAST
!!! It was the funniest thing, Like it had hurt her or something, like she was afraid of it!

I can only imagine lemon juice would be even worst!
Nora did the same thing! She absolutely has to investigate everything we eat, and so a week or two ago I got some oranges from the store and I cut the ends off to peel them easier. She came up acting like she wanted to smell so I held it down for her and she acted like I shocked her. She pulled away really sharply, stood there frozen for a couple seconds with her ears back and her eyes pinched shut, then ran away as fast as she could. She did NOT like the smell of orange. It did almost seem like it hurt her. It never occurred to me that cats wouldn't like the smell of citrus. We don't really eat citrus in our house very often. I don't think she had ever smelled an orange before. lol

I wish you luck getting the stain out.
I would probably just cut it out also, and wait for it to grow back in.