White Bump?

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

There's a white bump in her gum. It wasn't there yesterday. Now, I'm not sure what it is. She doesn't go out often so it's highly unlikely she ate something off. She isn't eating much btw. I don't wanna go to a vet unless I absolutely have to, as I'm busy with college. How bad does it look? Should she be checked?

kat hamlin

"RESCUE" is my favorite breed
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't tell you past it looking like some sort of ulcer or sore. I would recommend taking kitty to the vet, especially if it is coupled with decreased appetite, although the decrease in appetite could be an effect of the sore. Cats can develop a life-threatening disease called hepatic lipidosis if they stop eating suddenly. In this case, I think a little prevention beats a lot of cure. Make an appointment with the vet and see what they say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't tell you past it looking like some sort of ulcer or sore. I would recommend taking kitty to the vet, especially if it is coupled with decreased appetite, although the decrease in appetite could be an effect of the sore. Cats can develop a life-threatening disease called hepatic lipidosis if they stop eating suddenly. In this case, I think a little prevention beats a lot of cure. Make an appointment with the vet and see what they say.
She just ate. I've noticed a slight decrease in her appetite over the last 4-5 days, but she didn't have that bump before. I can Google about all that, but it's better if I don't look too much into it. I mean, it could just be a bug bite

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be many things, an allergic reaction, a bug bite, a virus/infection. I suggest consulting your vet.