Whisper - Wild and Pregnant

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. She is an adorable little girl and I hope that the love and care that you were able to give her from the time that you helped her to be born will eventually be of comfort to you and your family.

Over the years, I have lost kittens at a young age on occasion, often from an unknown cause. The unfairness of it makes it hard to deal with. Remember that she knew nothing but love in her life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. She is an adorable little girl and I hope that the love and care that you were able to give her from the time that you helped her to be born will eventually be of comfort to you and your family.

Over the years, I have lost kittens at a young age on occasion, often from an unknown cause. The unfairness of it makes it hard to deal with. Remember that she knew nothing but love in her life.
Thank you!

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Whisper, the mom of Triss, Yennefer, and Lemmy. It was a hard decision, but I decided to give Whisper to a foster group who finds good homes for cats. Her last update, she was adjusting well and will hopefully soon be getting her shots. We have decided to keep Lemmy as our own, and I will soon be making him an appointment to get his shots as well. So now I’m down to two cats and a dog. I have a 10 year old cat Willow and the dog Ayra will be five this year. I think we should manage, hopefully, anything that may arise. Hopefully nothing will.
093FD4A7-2FFE-4ED2-B37F-B235F5B4C888.jpeg

Whisper

5D73E68A-FC43-4648-8004-1179125E4850.jpeg

Lemmy

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Whisper. She got adopted! So happy!!

Update on Willow (my ten year old) and Lemmy.
We lost our home in April. I don't know if I mentioned earlier but we lived in my aunt’s home. She has decided to sell. So we had to move in with friends. The didn't want our cats so I ended up giving them to an organization that helps find homes for cats. It was like a kitty cat heaven. There were cats running around playing, cat toys everywhere, windows to look out of. It was wonderful and I felt good about leaving them there. They have a Facebook page so I can see if they've been adopted. But today I found out Willow took a turn for the worst. We found her abandoned at 8 weeks so we took her in. Not knowing she had a genetic disorder. The foundation said her eyes had ulcers and they ruptured. She had surgery and both eyes had to be taken. Now she is blind. They, for some reason, cut her whiskers. I hope they grow back. Whiskers may help her navigate.
Why is it that everytime I try help a cat it goes horribly wrong? I can’t imagine what she's going through or how she is feeling. My heart bleeds for her!!!
I just needed to come here and share my emotions. Thank you for listening. I'll keep you posted.
Lemmy is doing well. They've changed his spelling to Lemmie, which annoys me but he is being well taken care of.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know what is going on. I am very sorry for all the difficulty you have faced and the loss of your cats. While it is very sad about Willow having such a downturn, it is to the credit of this organization that they worked with her and did not decide that it would have been easier to put her to sleep. Depending on how the enucleation was performed, the size of her face, and other points specific to the surgery, whiskers are sometimes shaved off or trimmed. It does affect balance, but it sounds like this group is aware of what is going on with their cats.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Sending prayers and vibes for Willow and you. Is there any possibility of you getting to visit Willow at the sanctuary? I go weekly to the shelter to visit my foster kittens and they still recognize me. I can only pet them through the bars and I tell them that they can't leave with me but each time, they are accepting of that. They no longer get upset when I walk away.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for the encouragement. I wish I could visit her, but I'm too far away. I also realized last night that had she been in my care, not having the funds for the surgery, I'd would have had to put her to sleep. Luckily for her, she was able to have the surgery and survive. She's still recovering, but she's a fighter.

They really do care for her and are asking for funds from everyone. I'm hoping to be able to give at least something.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just saw this amazing video of a blind cat living his best life! Link below. This gives me so much comfort. Now I know Willow’s going to be ok!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He is adorable. Blind animals do very well as indoor pets. There is a famous book about a blind cat, Homer's Odyssey.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is adorable. Blind animals do very well as indoor pets. There is a famous book about a blind cat, Homer's Odyssey.
That’s it! This is the cat in that book! I want to buy it when I get enough money.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Received some happy news yesterday! Willow has been adopted by the ones who were fostering her while she was recovering. They said they decided the best place for her is where she already was and they love her so much. They showed a picture of two sisters and one was holding her, with like a cherishing type hug. I’m so happy! YAY WILLOW!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That is such good news! You must feel very relieved knowing that Willow has a good home.