Whisker Relief Bowls - Great Alternative

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I was in search of a whisker relief bowl, because last time I saw my cat aproach kibble, put mouth in and then pulled back.

So there are either very expensive or plastic (hate plastic), I was thinking a ceramic dessert plate but I have been using them and I've broken a few (yes I am clumsy lol)

So I searched and found what seems to be a great alternative. Just arrive today and although they seem just a tad bit large, the borders are great for wet food and will even try kibble. Kibble will fall a bit but since they are larger not much should spill.

If it helps anyone these are the plates (buy the small one of course), to for 19usd, metal, and they slide as much as a similar sized pet bowl I have with nonsliding stuff at the bottom, so not very much, plus I will put them on a place mat to reduce movement.

Just wanted to let people know or received feedback if I shouldn't use them for some reason.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those look like a great idea :thumbsup: They're almost identical to some metal (purpose made) dishes that my guys have. I hope your cat likes them as much as mine do :crossfingers:

Oh, and like you, I'm clumsy enough that I refuse to use ceramic or glass cat dishes....no matter how pretty they look :hide: :rolleyes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you post a picture of them? I can't see anything, yet Columbine Columbine apparently can :dunno:, but there appears to be a very large space between your fourth paragraph and last sentence. Is it just MY computer that is acting up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it is an amazon link, here you are

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How weird. I just shut down my internet and reopened it, and still nothing is showing up. Fairly new computer too. This is disturbing :yelling::argh::frown:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those look like a great idea :thumbsup: They're almost identical to some metal (purpose made) dishes that my guys have. I hope your cat likes them as much as mine do :crossfingers:

Oh, and like you, I'm clumsy enough that I refuse to use ceramic or glass cat dishes....no matter how pretty they look :hide: :rolleyes:

I know, if you don't mind me asking which ones do you use, I liked them because Outpets oval dish was twice the price so I figured these were a great substitute.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Did you post a picture of them? I can't see anything, yet Columbine Columbine apparently can :dunno:, but there appears to be a very large space between your fourth paragraph and last sentence. Is it just MY computer that is acting up?

If you have an adblocker running, you will not be able to see the link. :)

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, NOW I see it, with that new link. Interesting. I don't think you can get too big, simply because cat's like not having their whiskers touching the edge of their dish. I think this would help them eat slower too, mainly because they might have to chase the food around for awhile. Not always a bad idea. I have one who does eat too fast and right now I'm experimenting with ways to slow him down.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you have an adblocker running, you will not be able to see the link. :)
That's interesting! I'm sure I DO, because I don't see ads popping up. Didn't realize it would cause other issues though. Maybe that's why I can't open up certain other things on other websites. Gosh, seems like your "darned" if you do and "darned" if you don't :crackup:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know, if you don't mind me asking which ones do you use, I liked them because Outpets oval dish was twice the price so I figured these were a great substitute.
I don't know the brand, I'm afraid (and, as I'm in the UK, it might not have helped much anyway ;) ). I got mine from a local discount store a few years ago, and there was no brand on them. It was a setup like this though
321573_doppelnapf_edelstahl_silver_03_05_2013_dsc8936_5.jpg 321573_doppelnapf_edelstahl_silver_05_05_2013_dsc9041_9.jpg
I got rid of the stand after a while, and just kept the bowls.