*whining about cats*

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it that whenever I try to do work at home to catch up, that's when my cats decide to get into my face and try to slow me down or make it impossible for me to work??

I was putting binders together on my counter and Tango proceeded to lay on top of some papers that I needed to put in the binders. I had to move him then he proceeded to lay on the BINDERS which I had to pull from him as he'd swat at me!

When I finally got done with that, I got on my laptop to start working on some projects. Buddy jumped up and has been wedging himself between me and the laptop and butting his face into my face so I cannot see anything!

I just turned around and found out that Tango, the little twerp, got on top of some extra papers I had and proceeded to rip them APART!!!!!! I can't use them now. That's about 30 papers WASTED.

I love my cats to death but sometimes REALLY?!?

Pls let me know I'm not the only one having this issue?!? LOL.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, cats!  I have to laugh, because I've been there.  Once it was a poster due for presentation at school the next day, I had little objects glued to it and Mason removed them for me.  One time we got a handout that we had to turn back in, and Gadget chewed the corners off.  I turned it in anyway, my professor laughed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loved that story about turning an assignment in with it all chewed up!

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this challenge.

I wouldn't trade my cats for anything though even when they drive me up the walls sometimes.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get some bait folders, papers, binders, etc. When you start working, pretend to be working with the bait documents. When your cats start to sit on those documents, then you can work with the real ones. I do that with my cat. For some reason, despite having his own water bowl, he drinks out of my cup. I set a bait cup on my desk, filled it with water, and when he comes up and tries to drink it, I give him the bait cup, and drink mine in peace.

jaosf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FhiCat, the decoy idea is so simple and so absolutely brilliant!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the bait cup!  LOL!

My cats reminded me to be a little more green this morning.  This new house I'm in has one of those under-the-counter garbage cans, you know the ones where you pull out the drawer?  Well, Mason and Gadget think it's big fun to pull that out and play behind the garbage can.  Thankfully they are leaving the garbage itself alone, but the kitchen reeked of onion this morning.  I'll be using my new in-sink garbage disposal more often.