Which part of the chicken is this?

my_money_pit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought a pack of chicken bones. I thought they were part of the neck but i am not quite sure about it.
They have some organs(liver?!) attached to the bones.
Also, i am using dr becker’s recipe that calls for chicken necks. They are pretty hard to find except at the pet store they cost a fortune. Can i do part chicken necks and part chicken wings or any other chicken bones?
IMG_3409.jpeg
IMG_3408.jpeg

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Half the backbone? I think. The parts that are safe are almost always smaller than the size of your hand. Sadly, this makes it difficult for a lot of us to get meaty bones. Can you order online?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

my_money_pit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Half the backbone? I think. The parts that are safe are almost always smaller than the size of your hand. Sadly, this makes it difficult for a lot of us to get meaty bones. Can you order online?

those are going to be ground so the size doesn't really matter. I'm more concerned about the nutritional content of each. I currently have duck necks, chicken feet and chicken necks.
According to chat gpt chicken back and chicken necks have similar nutritional content.

There are some options online but I have a small freezer. To benefit from ordering online, I need to buy a big quantity so I don't have to pay shipping multiple times that's why I get them from the middle eastern store close by. They cary a big variety of chicken parts but it's tough to know how to balance the meal if I use different ingredients in the recipe.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
those are going to be ground so the size doesn't really matter. I'm more concerned about the nutritional content of each. I currently have duck necks, chicken feet and chicken necks.
According to chat gpt chicken back and chicken necks have similar nutritional content.

There are some options online but I have a small freezer. To benefit from ordering online, I need to buy a big quantity so I don't have to pay shipping multiple times that's why I get them from the middle eastern store close by. They cary a big variety of chicken parts but it's tough to know how to balance the meal if I use different ingredients in the recipe.
Ah sorry about that, I haven’t read anything about the original recipe so didn’t realize. You could ask in one of the Facebook raw feeding groups since they tend to be more active.