Which Is Better Wellness Turkey Dry Food Or Fancy Feast Gravy Line?

Applecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read that wet food is usually better than better quality dry food is that true?

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I read that wet food is usually better than better quality dry food is that true?
Yep, the saying is usually the worst wet food is better than the best dry food. Unless your cat needs prescription dry food for medical reasons.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wellness Core Turkey Dry

Screenshot_20190120-195743.png

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers
Screenshot_20190120-195844.png

Technically the fancy Feast has better protein (dry analysis converted it's in the 50% range) but since you are asking about the gravy Lovers line the carbs are bad. Carbs on that particular line are in the 20% range. While the classic Fancy Feast range is 4-5% carbs with better average protein. Getting gravy Lovers basically makes it about the same as a dry food if you are taking into account the carbs.

You would be better off feeding the classic line and mixing in some water or bone broth to up the water is your cat likes more liquid food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Applecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wellness Core Turkey Dry

View attachment 271331

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers
View attachment 271332

Technically the fancy Feast has better protein (dry analysis converted it's in the 50% range) but since you are asking about the gravy Lovers line the carbs are bad. Carbs on that particular line are in the 20% range. While the classic Fancy Feast range is 4-5% carbs with better average protein. Getting gravy Lovers basically makes it about the same as a dry food if you are taking into account the carbs.

You would be better off feeding the classic line and mixing in some water or bone broth to up the water is your cat likes more liquid food.
Thank you!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista has been through hell and back with lousy cat foods and IBD and pancreatitis. Through all the research and trials of the past year, I'm more and more convinced that a lifetime of dry food set up the leaky gut environment that eventually became IBD and certain food intolerances (chicken and salmon, the two proteins that were in her dry food all those years.) Since then, I've fed her Tiki Cat, Rawz, Rad Cat, homemade raw, and now, after her recent bout of health issues, the one food that she seems to be mowing down without any issues or arguments is Fancy Feast Classic Turkey and Giblets. I'm okay with that. We're very particular about species-appropriate ingredients and FF Classic stacks up very well, better than most of the more expensive brands out there. If it didn't, she would have told me by now. ;)