Which Cat Fountain do you use?

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a Drinkwell Pagoda fountain which works great, but one of the newcomers keeps knocking the center tower part over pretty much every day (he furiously shuffles his feet while simultaneously head-butting the tower :frustrated:) which floods the living room floor. Am looking for a replacement fountain that is easy to clean, preferably ceramic or stainless, and no center part that is easy to knock over.

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have tried several and all of them were a mess for our two girls. They treated them like toys and would stick paws in it run through them you name it :). Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have tried several and all of them were a mess for our two girls. They treated them like toys and would stick paws in it run through them you name it :). Good luck.
Naughty girls. The Pagoda works great for everyone else, we've had it for several years. But this guy is just determined to dismantle it. He's a big, tall 14 pounder so it just takes a couple of head butts and the tower has been dislodged. 🙄

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We use a Pet Fit For Life brand, it was from Chewy. It's blue and white plastic (I know you don't prefer the plastic though). But it's been working great for the 3 months we have had it so far. We keep it on the kitchen counter by the sink where there's an electrical outlet also. When we put it on the floor, it was a hassle to deal with stooping down there to change out the water etc and the kitties ignored it, when it went on the counter all of the sudden it was a hit. It's easy to clean and not very noisy. It has 2 fountain fixtures, a low burbling thing (which they like) or a little flower fountain. They don't make a mess so far. It comes with one of those charcoal style water filters but we took it out because we are already using filtered water in it and didn't want to have to keep buying filters.

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
^^ We have one who gets kitty acne when exposed to plastic, so I switched all the food and water dishes to glass or ceramic and that cleared it right up. We used glass bowls before, but they really prefer having a fountain and drink a lot more water.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got Ferplast Vega. It is plastic though.

It's relatively quiet for a pet fountain and I love the design. I'm happy with it but Hima only used it to drink water the first two days. Then again, she didn't drink from bowls either so I think it's more a her not drinking thing than the fountain.

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Petkit Eversweet 3 is a stainless steel bowl with a separate base which is easy to clean. None of my cats can knock this over and it's amazing. It's quiet, easy to clean and aesthetically pleasing. The only downside is that it's small-ish with a capacity of only 1.35L. The bowl sits directly on top of the base making it difficult for cats to move.
W4-16.jpg

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use the Pioneer Pet Big Max in stainless. I love it. I also have the Pioneer Pet raindrop in black ceramic. We don't use that one as much because it's smaller but it's great too. They use the same motor/filters.

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By the way for knocking over, you can place the fountain in between two heavy plant containers. It looks jungle-y chic too! You could plant cat grass there too if you like :-)
He doesn't knock over the actual fountain, just the ceramic tower in the center from which the water trickles. That is removable to facilitate cleaning everything and it sits in the water right in the center. He headbutts it and, if he does it just "right", the water sprays out all over the floor. Most of the time he just unseats is enough to where it's tilted and won't circulate water anymore.
PetSafe Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
How funny. We have one of those, too. I guess our cats are too lazy to try to mess with it. :lol:

9B862A11-171B-495D-877D-48A3123828E7.jpeg

We also have a Pioneer Pet Raindrop, and a Pioneer Pet Big Max. They all three get used and the cats don’t mess with any of them. Good luck finding on that works for your rambunctious boy!

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How funny. We have one of those, too. I guess our cats are too lazy to try to mess with it. :lol:

We also have a Pioneer Pet Raindrop, and a Pioneer Pet Big Max. They all three get used and the cats don’t mess with any of them. Good luck finding on that works for your rambunctious boy!
Yep, good luck is definitely needed. :D We've had different fountains over the years and he is the first kitty to ever do this sort of thing. It's pretty hilarious to watch, he does the foot shuffle in front of the fountain while he butts his head into the tower. :drinking: Husband is trying to retrain him by clapping his hands when he does it but, of course, we don't want to discourage him from drinking so it's tricky.