Which Cat Breed?

biscuitandwe

immortal fish
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t need to explain much, due to the photos. I will give some traits, etc., though.
She is an intelligent cat, and very friendly. Although she does swat away the males if they either get too close to her prey or just annoy her. Biscuit (the cat in the photo, and the cat I’m talking about), is a bit skittish at times though. She trusts some people, and with others, she’s terrified. Well, not exactly terrified, more like protective. She is a sorta skilled hunter. Her fur feels not really thick, but not short and thin, either. It’s medium-length, I would say.
I am also aware that some images are not the best, so I’m sorry about that.
8548A3EE-016C-46CA-BDF5-98CA3D4BC5C8.jpeg
E4B127C4-D3A9-48CD-8453-A3D9A41C1D7E.jpeg
56A3EE85-BDE8-49E7-9CD0-1F0A52D1F67E.jpeg
98B80A59-0D7C-4D1C-AE39-33FD1638CDC1.jpeg
A6C6A9ED-058D-4165-A817-2D4AE1BBE4CA.jpeg
C6887546-10CA-41F5-8AF8-483688BB7D2C.jpeg
87822FB2-DB19-42D5-B24E-D80F9AA50DD2.jpeg
12DB4369-6712-4501-AC34-E73EDE728202.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she your pet cat or is she a feral kitty? She is an orange tiger tabby with a lot of brown mixed in with her orange. And she has one of the best proportioned bodies I have seen in a cat. Very sleek, with her head being the same way. What a stunning looking little feline. I love her eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biscuitandwe

immortal fish
Kitten
Purraise
Is she your pet cat or is she a feral kitty? She is an orange tiger tabby with a lot of brown mixed in with her orange. And she has one of the best proportioned bodies I have seen in a cat. Very sleek, with her head being the same way. What a stunning looking little feline. I love her eyes.
She's a stray that I feed :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is indeed a beautiful cat :)

As far as her breed, she would be described as a domestic shorthair; most cats aren't any particular breed. The biggest question is about her color. If she had tabby markings, she would be either red (orange / ginger), or dark cream. However, in these pictures she doesn't appear to have tabby markings or even shading. It's possible that she's red or cream and her tabby markings are unusually faint... but she looks more like a solid. Very faint ghost markings on tail and legs are commonly seen in solid colored cats. Even the darker lines on her forehead look more like shadows from the sunlight, rather than differently colored hairs.

It's possible that she might be cinnamon, or another color caused by a rare recessive allele. It's hard to tell her exact color due to the difference in lighting in the various pictures, but cinnamon would be my first guess. Rare recessive traits like cinnamon do not often appear in domestic cats, but are more likely to show up when inbreeding is present (such as parent to child, grandparent to grandchild, siblings, etc.) because this increases the chance of doubling up on a rare allele. Inbreeding can easily happen in feral or barn cat colonies, where unaltered cats grow up alongside their parents and siblings.

If you are really keen to find out her exact color, you could run some genetic tests, but it might not be easy or practical to do that if she's a stray you feed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biscuitandwe

immortal fish
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for feeding her. Or you two making plans for the future? :) From the first photo I can see that she has some stripes, like she is wearing soccer socks.
I'm hoping I can adopt her soon, and once her kittens are old enough, I'll see if I can adopt one from the litter myself
Thanks!