Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a better picture?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seems to be a young kitten. Probably a black and red tortie. The looks vaguely of the Oriental type.

This depends in part where you R Rifat are living: in some countries (Asian countries) cats of Oriental type are very common - its perhaps nothing peculiar they were known in Europe at first as Foreign Oriental...

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was the coloring of the photo if the kitten was a solid blue or a blue tortie.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I can see the coloring much better. It looks like the kitten has some white hairs under the black, which would make them a smoke in coloring. So I'd say a smoke Domestic Shorthair. Cute kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rifat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh yeah, I can see the coloring much better. It looks like the kitten has some white hairs under the black, which would make them a smoke in coloring. So I'd say a smoke Domestic Shorthair. Cute kitty!
Isn't it bombay panther?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, no red spots - so no tortie. But possibly smoke, as abyeb tells.

And breedwise, what look alike: an oriental or a bombay "mini black panther"...
Take your pick, I think...

The official saying will be anyways a domestic....

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say Oriental influence is more likely than Bombay influence, because Bombays are solid black (not smoke) and have a wider head more like the Burmese style. Technically though, without pedigree papers, he would be called a Domestic Shorthairs