Which breed is my kitten?

Minty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!
I got this little cutie a week ago. The breeders said that he was already 9 weeks old and he was just a domestic short hair. I’m just curious to find out which breed he could be. I attached some picture, hope they can help!
Thank you very much to everyone will take time to answer🐱💙🐾

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its surely precisely as the breeder said. Domestic shorthair, brown mackerel tabby with white.
The great majority of all cats ARE domestics, even if some are decent look alikes to some recognized breed.

You may of course say, he is a decent look alike to the European shorthair, whom are based on the typical european "peasant cat", or if you are cynical and a little mean, they are moggies with pedigree. Its not entirely true, because they did developed some during the generations of controlled breeding.

Very sweet and adorable looks on your kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon everyone and Merry Christmas to you all!
My husband and I got a kitten 2 weeks ago and he is now 11 weeks old. The breeder said it was a boy but we are not 100% sure. Can you help me figure it out?
I’ve attached a picture, hope it’s good enough to make you figure out the gender!
Thank you very much to everyone will take the time to answer!

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a girl. Tabbies can be hard because they have those tricky little black spots. But definitely a girl.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I actually think it's a boy. You'll probably have to wait until they're older to see if the testicles develop.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, I'm 100% sure. Sometimes I'm not positive but this time I am. Shedoes not have space for testicles to come in, and has a large genital opening (as females of most species do). But you can see the similarity in how the black dots are distributed, and that's why I say tabbies are confusing :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator: