which breed is my kitten??

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She's a gorgeous little white domestic short-hair and she's very lucky to have found you!

White kitties are so beautiful, but need to be kept out of the sun as they are more prone to skin cancer.

Welcome to TCS 

You live in a very beautiful part of the world

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful. Congratulations on rescuing her. No matter about breed, she is gorgeous. Her eyes look kind of sad, but she could just be thinking:lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cwit enzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
tx...yup she is beautiful... love her a lot.. may b she ws sad, it ws her 1st day at home.. i m worried abt that skin burn thing.. in winter times she just loved sitting in sunshine.. even her ears got small black spots.. i took her to vet n she says its normal..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Here's a link to a conversation about white cats, sunburn and sunscreen.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/217798/white-cats-and-the-sun

I think using sunscreen is a good idea if your lovely girl is going anywhere near the sun, but be sure it's a good one.. baby sunscreen is recommended in the thread.  I'm always a bit concerned about lotions on cats as they lick!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cat breeds are about ancestry, whom the parents are, and all the usual paperworks "birth certificate". Or at the very least, good proofs if you dont have the papers, but are sure about the background.

Without these, it is a domestic.  Short hair or long hair.  Yours is DSH.   :)

The most what can be said, is if there is a breed to compare her with, if she is a look alike.

Many people finds a look alike in a cat book, and yell: voilá, my spotted cat is a real  Bengal!  feks.

But it is the other way around:  cats are photographed in the cat book, because they ARE good looking Bengals,  NOT just somewhat look alike.

On internet it is worse, as anybody can write up Bengal on their somewhat look alike...  So when you do google on Bengal (or any other breed) you will get up both real Bengals  and all these looks alikes.

OK, all this said.

She reminds me of  Russian White! With these greenish eyes and all.   A pretty beauty.   :)

Now, this is an extremely rare breed, so we know she cant be someones lost RW kitten who got astray.

But here we have perhaps someone you can compare her to.

Last edited: