Which breed is my cat ?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello MehKur, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Your kitty is Domestic Shorthair Classic or Marbled Tabby. Instead of stripes, they have a circular or bullseye pattern on the side of their body.
Tabby cats are not a breed. The word Tabby refers or describe the color pattern on the cat.

This kitty is easy to take care of as in grooming the fur. Use a short medium bristle brush and brush her regularly as in once in every few days. But you can do it everyday is also fine as she'll get more use to brushing. I brush my boy every morning.

Make sure that her vaccinations are up to date and have her spayed when she is old enough. Here is an article for you to read :- [article="22304"][/article]

As for other topics like Cat Health, Nutrition, Behavior and Grooming, check out Our Feline Companions under the forum section.

Here's another article for you to read on the FAQ :- [article="24980"][/article]

Your kitty is beautiful and what's her name?

Please introduce yourself and your kitty to the community in 'New Cats on the Block' under the General Forums and do post more of her photos ;)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mehkur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you <3 Her name is Becky. <3

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just want to add, his color is called for brown tabby  (brown classic tabby as said above).   This means, he does carry black.  This is why his foot soles are black...

And this explains also, why he has this warm brown shine, not the colder bluish color.