Which Breed? - Grooming & Shedding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boregard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops, I guess the text got deleted while posting the pics.

Hi,

I am new to this site. I have been doing some reading and found this forum very helpful. So thanks!

Anyways, my name is Bo. My wife and I are contemplating adopting a kitten that was found abandoned with a few of his/her siblings. We lost our DSH Bitty about a month ago to oral squamous cell carcinoma. He was only 6. Very sad. We said we would get another cat if we came across one that needed a home and when we felt ready. Two days ago a friend of mine found a littler of kittens that were apparently abandoned. That didn't take long. My guess for the black one is DLH. The tiger DSH has already been adopted and the other 3 kittens we don't have pictures of. We were told one of the other 3 is likely a black DSH. We are wondering about grooming and shedding with the black kitty. Any advice is helpful. We plan to go see him/her tomorrow evening and make a decision. I think if the kitty's personality seems friendly I can overlook grooming/shedding concerns. We never had a kitten or have done anything like this, so we are naturally excited and nervous.

Thanks,
Bo

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Oops, I guess the text got deleted while posting the pics.

Hi,

I am new to this site. I have been doing some reading and found this forum very helpful. So thanks!

Anyways, my name is Bo. My wife and I are contemplating adopting a kitten that was found abandoned with a few of his/her siblings. We lost our DSH Bitty about a month ago to oral squamous cell carcinoma. He was only 6. Very sad. We said we would get another cat if we came across one that needed a home and when we felt ready. Two days ago a friend of mine found a littler of kittens that were apparently abandoned. That didn't take long. My guess for the black one is DLH. The tiger DSH has already been adopted and the other 3 kittens we don't have pictures of. We were told one of the other 3 is likely a black DSH. We are wondering about grooming and shedding with the black kitty. Any advice is helpful. We plan to go see him/her tomorrow evening and make a decision. I think if the kitty's personality seems friendly I can overlook grooming/shedding concerns. We never had a kitten or have done anything like this, so we are naturally excited and nervous.

Thanks,
Bo
I being a cat friend - AND a friend of humans, Im glad to your decision.

Lets see what you found, and we shall help you with the grooming advices frome there.  Such question are probably better in the Caretaking and grooming subforum, though.

Anyways, its surely true, caretaking of the longhair isnt usually very hard, and may be a nice pastime.    :)   Be sure you and the cat know how to be bathed.

If brushed and taken care off properly not even they do shed very much.

Of course, if you arent fond of grooming, a shorthair  is the easy way out.

Good luck!