Which Breed Does This Cat Resemble?

Shelby Reynolds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I recently have been caring for this stray that visits my backyard. He's been neutered, so the left tip of his ear has been clipped. I'm sure the correct term for this cat is a domestic shorthair. I was just curious to know if he resembles any breed in particular for fun. Thank you!
20190526_151826.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you that he appears to be a black domestic shorthair! Most cats are simply domestic cats and aren't any particular breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shelby Reynolds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for caring for this beautiful guy!
It's no problem at all! He's super sweet and kind. I definitely don't mind. I was actually debating taking him in, but I don't want to mess up his routine. I don't think he'd get as much exercise in my home, rather than walking in the neighborhood. The least I could do is feed and give him water, especially during the summer.

sarahlouncke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's no problem at all! He's super sweet and kind. I definitely don't mind. I was actually debating taking him in, but I don't want to mess up his routine. I don't think he'd get as much exercise in my home, rather than walking in the neighborhood. The least I could do is feed and give him water, especially during the summer.
where do you live? To me it seems like an european shorthair. In the Netherlands we also call it a house cat but what I have read about it is also a type of cat like you have the ragdoll of british shorthair and so on. Here is an article from Wikipedia. European Shorthair - Wikipedia I think he is really beautifull cat.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
European Shorthair is a pedigreed breed in FIFe. Domestic shorthair is the term for a shorthaired random-bred cat that is not any particular breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shelby Reynolds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
where do you live? To me it seems like an european shorthair. In the Netherlands we also call it a house cat but what I have read about it is also a type of cat like you have the ragdoll of british shorthair and so on. Here is an article from Wikipedia. European Shorthair - Wikipedia I think he is really beautifull cat.
Thank you so much! I appreciate your article. I'm from America (Pennsylvania). My furry friend doesn't have a pedigree, or any identification papers, so he's just a domestic shorthair. The two do have a resemblance though. Thanks for your reply.

sarahlouncke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I appreciate your article. I'm from America (Pennsylvania). My furry friend doesn't have a pedigree, or any identification papers, so he's just a domestic shorthair. The two do have a resemblance though. Thanks for your reply.
You`re welcome! I think your right. But because you are from the united states. I also want to share an article about the american shorthair ( American Shorthair - Wikipedia ). either what he is. He looks like a sweetheart!I hope you get an anwer to your question. :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The American Shorthair is a pedigreed breed that was originally created by combining British Shorthairs with domestic shorthairs in the 19th century. After more than 100 years of selective breeding, the American Shorthair is quite different from the domestic shorthair.

"Domestic shorthair" is the appropriate term to refer to a shorthaired cat that does not belong to a specific pedigreed breed. Most cats are not any particular breed.