Which breed does my cat resemble?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great that you adopted her. She has very striking markings, and that's a cute picture, too!

I would describe your cat as a black and white domestic longhair. You could describe her pattern as "harlequin," which means that she is mostly white with patches of color on her head, tail, and body. Most cats are not any particular breed.

With so much white on her, she probably has two copies of the white spotting gene. She would have inherited one copy of this gene from each parent, so each of her parents probably had white markings. They might have had lots of white like your cat, or just a little white ("tuxedo" pattern).

Cats with lots of white spotting can have either blue eyes, gold or green eyes, or "odd eyes" (one blue, and one gold or green). What color are your cat's eyes? I can't tell from the picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VegasJeff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's great that you adopted her. She has very striking markings, and that's a cute picture, too!

I would describe your cat as a black and white domestic longhair. You could describe her pattern as "harlequin," which means that she is mostly white with patches of color on her head, tail, and body. Most cats are not any particular breed.

With so much white on her, she probably has two copies of the white spotting gene. She would have inherited one copy of this gene from each parent, so each of her parents probably had white markings. They might have had lots of white like your cat, or just a little white ("tuxedo" pattern).

Cats with lots of white spotting can have either blue eyes, gold or green eyes, or "odd eyes" (one blue, and one gold or green). What color are your cat's eyes? I can't tell from the picture.
She has gold eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VegasJeff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The more I look at her eyes, I think might be a combination of gold and green. Gold on the outside with green around the pupil.