Which Apartment Would My Cat Prefer?

Letta

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
After a breakup I am looking for a new apartment to live in and my cat would obviviously come with me. She likes a lot that my current apartment faces a park and that a lot of birds come visiting, we have a lot of windows and its her favorite passtime when I cannot play with her. After a very long search there is only 2 places that I am considering. Now I want to know which one would my cat prefer:
-Option 1: big big windows, one a second floor so with a lot of things happening just in front for her, but the windows dont open there is a small opening to bring fresh air but the windows dont open. Which is a pb considering that she loves when I open the windows. But there is a rooftop, and my cat is leash trained so I could bring her there.
-Option 2: smaller windows but also a lot of them, nicer view for humans as it's on the 10th floor but a lit bit far from the ground for her no? I could try to put a few grains to attract birds but no bird feeders. The windows open however. No rooftop.

So what are your thoughts? It won't be the only criterion but it's a factor I want her to be happy. I know it's sound silly. In each case I have the clearance to put book shelves so I will build her some things to climb ect.., Both are the same size approx.

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would go for option 1. She can still see lots from the big windows and the benefit of the rooftop to safely get fresh air. If you had Windows that open wide she might escape. Whichever you choose, I hope you settle quickly and are happy there.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This sounds like a stessful situation for you. I think it's great that you are considering what will work for your cat, but my feeling is that your cat will be happiest if you--yourself--are as comfortable as you can be. Taking the apartment that you feel better in will promote a better feeling for the both of you...she will adapt over time to either place, and if the window situation isn't ideal, you will just have to be creative. Maybe a cat tree that goes up to a window? Just close your eyes and imagine living in each place; which do you feel better about? A breakup and subsequently moving out is a really big deal--good luck and please do what is best for you as an individual who deserves good things.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley: :hithere: auntie auntie is spot on, which ever one you feel most comfortable in will be best in the long run, do the windows that open have screens so she can't get out? Good luck and please keep us updated and post some photos when you have time.:goodluck: :clover: