Where's the Sun?

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your cat act depressed on these gray sunless November Days?
My cat wanders around the house, and as soon as I made up the bed, she got back on and is just there watching birds on cat tv.
She usually goes out on the sunporch, but today it is rather damp and cold. My bro said she will be warm because she wears a coat.
She hates blankets.
Would this chill make her sick?
Is she the only one that gets depressed like this??
It is making ME depressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she's fine. Watching birds on cat TV sounds like fun. My cats do pretty much the same thing every day. I always feel a little depressed on gloomy days. I wouldn't worry unless she is hiding or acting ill in any way. :heartshape:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think some cats do react to various weather conditions, even more so with older ones. Feeby does not want to spend much time on her beloved screened in patio if it is overcast outside, and especially not when it is cooler.
I don't look it as depression, but rather a cat choosing a more 'amenable' location when certain conditions are not to their particular liking. When they have options/choices, they are going to go with the one that seems the most pleasant under the existing circumstances.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola spends morning watching and trying to cat bird shadows on the wall. No sun, no shadows and she is NOT happy. On these cloudy days her second favorite activity - sunbathing on the floor- is also missing. Nothing left to do but sulk and nap.

But to answer your questions, your cat will be fine and won’t get sick. If she feels too cold on the porch she will come in.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola spends morning watching and trying to cat bird shadows on the wall. No sun, no shadows and she is NOT happy. On these cloudy days her second favorite activity - sunbathing on the floor- is also missing. Nothing left to do but sulk and nap.

But to answer your questions, your cat will be fine and won’t get sick. If she feels too cold on the porch she will come in.
Must be a thing with calicos. As for getting cold I love the way she can puff out her fur and look enormous when she is chilled!