Where to get raw elk, venison, bison, etc meats for raw diet?

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I feed a raw diet to my cats and I was wondering where to find raw meats like elk, bison, venison, etc? I'm trying to feed the most natural protein sources, but it's actually quite hard. All I can find is chicken, beef, turkey, etc. I did happen to find a rabbit supplier, so the cats mainly get ground whole rabbit which includes ground muscle meat, organs, fur and bones. That's the most natural meat I can find. I do give them some pheasant and salmon, but the rest of the meat is turkey and chicken. Does anyone know of a website? I'd like to order it online, if I can't find a local store, which I have not been able to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know of a company with those but I am questioning there quality control.//

the other I get is Omas pride also Bravo has some others

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you want to feed more? It sounds like what you are doing is perfect. Cats would naturally hunt birds, mice and rabbits and it seems you have your ground covered. I only feed turkey and chicken right now and wish they would eat rabbit. Occasionally I'll feed salmon and jack mackerel.

I wish I could find some venison for myself though.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never used any of the larger animals as I don't consider them a cats natural diet- could a housecat bring down a bison? Plus the raw meat I do buy is raised specifically as food and I would think parasites would be a big problem in those larger animals. I feed the occasional pre frozen/lab raised mouse so that they get some good bone crunching time in and even those scare me as far as parasites.

If you are determined to feed more exotic meats then I would find a good local butcher and ask them about availability of these meats from dealers who raise them as food animals. I'd also be taking stool samples in very frequently.

I realize that I am not answering your question and should butt out, but wierd parasites can be difficult to deal with and I had to bring it up.