Where To Get Clavamox Drops?

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need 2 bottles of Clavamox drops, and my vet charges $36 a bottle. Is there somewhere else cheaper I can have him call it in?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
you can call teh pharmacies in your area. Looks I was wrong-my vet charged $40 but this site lists it cheaper.
AmoxiDrop for Dogs Cats Zoetis Animal Health - Safe.Pharmacy|Cat (Rx) | Pet Pharmacy (Rx) | Pet

I will poke around google some more..dr fosters is recommended if you need mail order meds-it may take 2 days to get to you-you will need to mix the required water into it-don't do both bottles at same time-it's only good for 10 days once the suspension is mixed.

But if the vet says it's needed-it is needed. What's going on to warrant antibiotics? Maybe I can help you figure it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
UTI caught in senior urinalysis. I'm asking about clavamox tablets instead

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, foxxycat, I didn't see the last message until today. I ended up buying from the vet. fourteen 125mg tablets for $28, that's $10 more expensive than Dr. Fosters, but oh well!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hi, foxxycat, I didn't see the last message until today. I ended up buying from the vet. fourteen 125mg tablets for $28, that's $10 more expensive than Dr. Fosters, but oh well!
At least you can start treatment asap. That's always a good thing!

Don't forget to feed a bit of food before/after dosing the meds...just incase of upset tummy. probiotics are not a bad idea either if you have them available. just make sure they have no diet sugar in them if you use human probiotics=it would say aspartame etc or xylitol or stevia.
Although I guess they say it's not as harmful as once believed..

Xylitol, Stevia, Aspartame and Other Sugar-Free Stuff

but I would just avoid those ingredients if possible.

the one I was thinking about.. Nutramax Proviable-KP Dog & Cat Supplement Kit

My vet recommended this one-there's another option for these but it's more money..or you can use Fortiflora.

I hope your kitty gets better soon! Is there urinary issues going on like straining or small puddles? Hopefully in 24 hours the antibiotics should start kicking in if not sooner.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've actually just started giving him a probiotic today. He isn't having any urinary problems at all surprisingly. I took him and his sister in for senior bloodwork. They did a urinalysis because 6 months ago there was indication of possible kidney failure. They found out he doesn't have kidney failure, but does have a UTI.