Where I've been for the past 4 days

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I took Thursday and Friday off last week to "relax". I also started a little business making and selling jewelry and other things during Covid, and some re-sale items. I planned to relax by working on a couple of projects, too. Fast forward to Thursday afternoon. I went to get a snack. Saw a chewed hole in the bread wrapper. Mice. In my pantry. Twelve cats who need to be fired from their jobs.

It took me seven hours to remove everything, wipe it off, discard food, wipe the walls down, remove the shelves, and find a place for the rest of the food. What a MESS. I had been planning to paint and put in faux wood shelves. Years ago, we installed coated wire ones, which I dislike (hard to clean). DH and I have just gotten done today. Some minor work still needs to be done by DH (he did block the entry hole; we think mousy is dead). I want to put any food that's not in a can in plastic, lidded containers. I know they can chew through that and even metal, but I need to make it harder for them. Here is the mostly finished pantry:
pant2.jpg
pant2.jpg
pant1.jpg
pant3.jpg
pant4.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If you're wondering why we have a baked bean collection: DH and I bought a bunch of cans without knowing the other person was buying a case! They do make a quick meal when you're sick. Ditto for all of that soup; part of my Covid stash in case we get sick. It;s been there since February!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
There's something so satisfying about a clean, reorganized, well stocked space isn't there?

You've done a great job, well done. Now you've just got to deal with that mouse......

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard where there is one here are more and it sounds like you've got that covered.
Your pantry is so nice and organized!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Add me to the list of members who wish they had a pantry. Yours looks mouse-proof now so I hope you don't have to fire your 12 cats.