Where is the "You are an Idiot" button???

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I am only half serious...

It would be nice though, for those people that come here with really sick cats but refuse to go to the vet. The people who say "just hit him when he jumps on the counter." People who tell others to rub cat's (and dog's) nose in the carpet when they have an accident.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I answer one of those only to remember before hitting submit that you catch more flies with honey than vinagar and delete the entire response. Unfortunately I don't have that option face to face and often offend idiots rather than educate them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take the same concept, I be as nice as possible because once you make them mad, they are not going to listen to anything you suggest. Sometimes you just want to say "Are you serious?" I refrain and kindly make suggestions.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I view this as an educational site. There are times when I get frustrated by people who are fundamentally selfish towards their cats. At those times I pull my hands away from the keyboard and walk away.

If you get people angry, they will not listen.

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Ok, so I am only half serious...

It would be nice though, for those people that come here with really sick cats but refuse to go to the vet. The people who say "just hit him when he jumps on the counter." People who tell others to rub cat's (and dog's) nose in the carpet when they have an accident.

Some refuse to go to vet because maybe they are lacking of financial support so they try to ask questions here about their sick cat to seek for an alternative..Anyway it's just my opinion..

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol we so should have an idiot button! That would stir up alot of controversy though... I don't know if it would be such a good idea. There should be an idiot button that we can press but only we can see it so that others can't comment on it but we still get the benefit of pushing that button lol

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MysteryCat

Some refuse to go to vet because maybe they are lacking of financial support so they try to ask questions here about their sick cat to seek for an alternative..Anyway it's just my opinion..
If they can't afford to properly care for their pets than maybe they shouldn't have them. If a cat is sick, it needs to be seen by a vet. Period. I know that vet bills are expensive and that times are tough but cats should never be denied medical care. I'm all for getting opinions on different medical options and such however.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I view this as an educational site. There are times when I get frustrated by people who are fundamentally selfish towards their cats. At those times I pull my hands away from the keyboard and walk away.

If you get people angry, they will not listen.
Well said.