Where does your cat drink water from?????

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone elses cat drink out of their aquarium? My two are always up on my 29 gallon trying to sneak drinks. It makes me glad I keep my water clean and filtered.

tigger_2801

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine are both totally different. I never saw Jasper drink standing water except bits that had collected in the garden or the toilet bowl, every morning he would eat his breakfast then jump up on the kitchen sink and start yowling at me to turn the tap on! He did that for years until Delilah came along and sort of learnt from her to drink from his water bowl, but he only did that for about a week before he went back to his old tricks.
De is the one that would rather drink out of our glasses or her bowl, but she prefers it to have been standing a while (our water smells very chemically...i tihnk it has lots of fluoride in it).

theterribleduo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My dear Skunk is very similar to everyone else..at times he will still drink from the bowl...yet..it seems as if when he gets into one of his 'moods' he'll drink only from the sink

Plus yes I have woken up at a night and caught Skunk drinking from the toilet. You are not alone in the oddness our cats seem to have

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats drink from where ever is convenient lol. Usually it is from my glass of water, when I am not looking

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovemyhades

For as long as we have had Hades he will not drink out of his water bowl, he will drink out of our dogs Baxter and Zsa Zsa's water bowl instead and he will drink from the toilet we have to close the lid on it to keep him from it. So I was just wondering what your cat drinks from.
Hi,

where is his water bowl? Directly next to his food bowl? If yes this may be your answer as to why he doesn't use it so much
, a water bowl shouldn't be placed next to the food bowl if this can be avoided. Or the bowl is too narrow for him, so that his whiskers touch the sides when he's drinking. Or he'd brefer stale water that's afew days old.

My cats prefer to use a vase which is ca. 30 cm high and allows them to drink without having to lower their heads
. They also like to drink out of the 2-3 bowls we've placed in the garden, so this would be rain water or tap water, depending on the weather.

They usually drink 3-4 times a day, and yes- the kidney function is OK, we had a blood screening done two weeks ago
Why all of our cats drink so much I really don't know, as many people seem to say that their cats hardly drink.

regards,

christine

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maiseycat

I've used the same containers for her for years - I should probably get something else because the water dish gets filmy from water deposits and is kind of gross. I've not been so good about cleaning it out with soap and water regularly.
You need to be more vigilant for your cat's health. Bacteria rapidly grows and you can really make your cat sick by not cleaning out her water dish like that.

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poppy has a cat drinking fountain in the basement, a stainless steel bowl by his food and another stainless steel bowl in my bedroom.