Where Did You Get Your Cat/s?

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Princess came from the SPCA. She was abandoned with her 5 littermates in a bush at the home of a SPCA volunteer when she was about 3 weeks old. She stayed with the volunteer until I got her at 7 weeks.

Patsy was from a rescue group that took her in after she was abandonded in PetsMart. She was also abused prior to being abandoned.

George, Blackie, and Mikey just showed up and decided they like it here and moved right in. Now we won't let them leave!!!!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scruffy is from my husband's aunt
Cala is from a shelter
Willow is from a pregnant stray
Veeshan is from a breeder
Kingston is from a breeder

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stan and Bella came from a rescue group. Although I love the beautiful pedigreed cats I've seen on this site and at shows, and I would never argue with anyone that prefers to get their pets from a breeder, I know in my heart that all my kitties will be rescues.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got yasmine from a friend that had kitten and i got molly from the shelter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie came from the Friends of Marblehead Animal Shelter, Marblehead, Ma
Mollie came from SAFER, Seacoast Area Feline and Rescue, Hampton Falls, NH
Cosmo came from celestialrags, Maine

janine&lily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got lily from a cat rescue centre and i got florrie from a woman who claimed her daughter was allergic to her fur but i later found out she bought a dog so i guess she just wanted rid of florrie.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bob - a stray hanging around a feral colony that someone my father worked with fed. My Dad volunteered me to take him in without asking me!

Freckles (RB kitty) - I got him from a co-worker who was moving in with her boyfriend and BF said she could only take 2 of her 3 cats. She's still with the BF and the other 2 cats disappeared.

Bickford - He came from another private placement I found on a Yahoo chat group. His former meowmy's husband had cat allergy issues that weren't responding to treatment and Bickford was having a hard time adjusting to two toddlers and a move to a new house.

I hope to be moving soon and I'm thinking about adding another cat from one of the local shelters.

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tommy - a family that were friends with my parents had a cat, and the people that they got the cat from had another litter of kittens they were trying to place -- they asked my parents' friends if they wanted another cat, which they didn't, so they asked around and my parents said yes, so we got a kitten

Tiger and Princess - "free to good home" ad in newspaper (brother and sister)

Sundance - pet store

Ripper - rescue

Sasha - "free to good home" ad on message board

Rascal - pet store

I intend to get my next cats from the local shelter.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All our cats came from MIL's barn. The first 2, Harley and Monster, were found deserted by their mom before their eyes were opened and had to be bottle fed. One night in the barn, I fell in love with Little One. She was eating kitten food and was probably 3 months old when we adopted her. Then, a year later we took in Gizmo, Corky and Missy after their mom was killed by a stray dog. They had to be bottle fed too.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bean = I got him from a guy at a flea market when I was on a business trip in Maryland. The guy said he had rescued the group of kittens from someone who was not caring for them. The man really didn't know anything about cats, he was just trying to find homes for them. I wasn't even looking for a kitty at the time, but he was just too cute, I couldn't pass him up.

Sammy = His mother came to us as a pregnant stray. She had a litter of kittens in our horse barn. Afterwards we had her spayed, and my mom said that I could keep one of the kittens. I choose Sammy. We found homes for the others, and we kept Sammy's mother. She passed away a few years ago.

Mittens = He has the same story as Sammy. Except he had a differen't mother, and he became my sister's kitty.

Tippy = She wandered into my yard as a kitten. At the time we thought she was rabid. She was stumbling around and her head would kind of twist to the side, which would throw her whole body off balance and tip her over. We took her to the vet, and they told us that she had some brain damage due to poor nutrition. So we took her home and as she got healthier her balance improved. Now she's able to function fine, but she still has a slight tilt to her head. We also think that her growth was stunted because she never grew much.

Sassy = She showed up at my farm years ago. She would come and go. Whenever she was around I would feed her, and I'd often find her sleeping in the barn. She remained a "stray" (I say stray because we never really knew if she belonged to someone, but we fed her regularly) until just recently. She became ill and I took her to the vet, where they diagnosed her with cancer. I decided then that she's officially my cat. I've moved her indoors, so that she can live out her remaining days as the princess that she really is. I didn't know how she'd take to being an indoor kitty after living outdoors as a stray for her entire life, but she loves it. I've never seen a happier cat.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rescues (two listed on petfinder) 1 shelter, 2 petsmart shelters.

uesugi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found Sammi as a kitten while picking blackberries to sell at a yard sale. We live out in the country on a deserted road, and it was at the side of the road in the tall grass where I found him. His eyes weren't open yet, he was so tiny. There was no mother anywhere and it's always been a mystery how he got there. I hate to think someone threw a kitten out of a car!

Wally is on "loan" from some friends who got jobs in Korea and left to work there. But that was so many years ago that Wally has made the house his own now...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monte & Katina - Adopted from the SPCA on 9/23/07
Chassis - Adopted from a vet's office in July 2003
Caliper - Adopted from a recycling center litter in July 2004
Tailpipe - Adopted from a vet's office in January 2007.

And our RB baby Tigger was found in a tree in 1993 and brought home.