Where can I find (or make) a long litter pan? Around 14" x 23"

dddiam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat outgrew her litter pan. She is a long, thin cat. She stands on the floor with her front paws on the kitchen table.

Her current litter pan is 14" x 19". The 14" is the maximum width that will fit between the legs of the laundry tub. But the 19" is too short. Some of her urine doesn't make it into the litter pan. 14" x 23" would be a nice size, but the length is flexible.

If I cannot find something to use as a litter pan, is there a way that I could cut and join two litter pans in such a way that that the bond would hold, and that it could be kept clean and sanitary?

David

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat outgrew her litter pan. She is a long, thin cat. She stands on the floor with her front paws on the kitchen table.

Her current litter pan is 14" x 19". The 14" is the maximum width that will fit between the legs of the laundry tub. But the 19" is too short. Some of her urine doesn't make it into the litter pan. 14" x 23" would be a nice size, but the length is flexible.

If I cannot find something to use as a litter pan, is there a way that I could cut and join two litter pans in such a way that that the bond would hold, and that it could be kept clean and sanitary?

David
You may be able to cut two pans to match the size you would like and join them with silicone or something like that, then to keep it clean use a liner of some kind.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

David
Target,wallmart,hefty brand,container store(expensive.the edges and bottom are smooth). Google the size you want and numerous sites will show up

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The one from the container store is 26 inch long 17 inch high. If you go, bring a ruler. The dementions are not marked
The hefty is 23inch long 18 inch high. Hefty is stronger plastic than sterlite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dddiam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I have been googling for a while. As they get deeper, they also get wider.

I have been thinking about joining two pans. I was concerned about the strength of the bond. It takes a little force and tilting to get the pan out from between the laundry tub legs.

The suggestion to use a liner sounds good. In addition to avoiding adhesive toxicity, that would also make changing litter easier.

dddiam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will take a look at The Container Store. I have googled containers of the desired size of 14" x approx 23", and chased a lot of false leads. But I will keep looking.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if they make them in 14" width, but the containers made for storage under the bed might work. They're about 5" or 6" high. Big-box hardware stores and Meijer's have them.

dddiam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestion to also try hardware stores.