Where Can I Find Creepy Crawly Things To Make A Cat Toy With?

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a creepy crawly thing, but today it got stolen. One of the feral cats I was playing with ran off with it, and took it down into the drainage ditch where he lives. I bought this creepy crawly thing from a pet shelter. But it came as part of a toy that included a wand, and cost about $7. I just want to get my own creepy crawly thing, and tie it to a piece of string. But I can't figure out where I can find something like this. The creepy crawly thing that the feral cat stole was kinda like a centipede. I went to Walmart and looked in various departments, and found nothing. Any ideas? Somewhere there has to be a place that sells little creepy crawly things.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have not tried Google search because I didn't know what to search for. I don't want the whole set up with the wand, etc. I just wanted a little crawly thing to tie to the end of a string. I think someone gave me something to go on with her Amazon search. I saw some stand-alone creepy crawly things (sold in packs of 4). I don't shop online so I wasn't thinking about Amazon. I was trying to think of a brick and mortar store that might carry what I am looking for.

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
here is what I had before the feral cat took off with it. It is called a Neko Fly, I think. I bought it at a animal shelter, it came with the wand, etc. Anyway, I think the only place to find something like this is by ordering it online.

Attachments

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might have to crawl down into the drainage ditch and find his hiding place. He really loves that thing, as did all my strays and ferals. They went nuts for it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a neat toy! Now that you have a name maybe you can search the websites of the different stores in your area? My mother doesn't shop online so sometimes she will have me order things for her like that.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a cool toy! Please send a pic if you find it. I like some of the stuff from Columbine Columbine
4th one down

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen Neko Flies replacement toys at independent pet stores. Try looking at your local stores. Otherwise you'll have to buy replacement toys online. Amazon does sell the replacement toys.

There are several different toys, images shown on this web site: NEKO FLIES - Interchangeable Toys

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your local pet store doesn't have it, ask if they can order a couple for you.